BLI AC6000 Kadee Coupler Conversion

EBT Jim

At the Kadee website coupler conversion page, they state which of their couplers to use for a BLI AC6000 (#148 or #158 Metal Whisker coupler), but they don't give instructions to do the conversion as they do with other models.

Am I on my own to do the conversion? Will it be obvious to me as to what to do? Are the instructions elsewhere?

Thanks for any info. I'm new to HO trains. I find this stuff all very cool. I'm about to order a BLI AC6000, and a MRC Prodigy Express Squared, to build a tiny layout. I'd like to do some "hands off" coupling/uncoupling/switching with the Kadee's, if its practical.

Jim

there is only one screw to remove and the rest will be obvious. Just make sure the uncoupling pin points to the track or else it won't be able to couple up to anything. I'm sure you will be impressed with the AC6000. I have several of them on my layout and they get more than their fair share of work.

Last edited by a moderator:
On my AC6000's, you need to use the long centerset coupler on the front, or else it will foul on whatever it is coupled to.
So, a 5 on the rear, and the longer version of the 5 on the front.

On my AC6000's, you need to use the long centerset coupler on the front, or else it will foul on whatever it is coupled to.
So, a 5 on the rear, and the longer version of the 5 on the front.

Like Terry just said. Either #5 or #148 for the rear and the long shank versions for the front are #26 or #126 respectively to the 5 or 148. You might find the whisker couplers ( #148 & #126 ) easier than the 5 & 26 as the whisker couplers have a built on centering spring. The #5 & #26 use a separate centering device that you place into the coupler pocket before you put in the coupler itself. Not a big deal but the whisker ones are sooo much simpler.

Back