Birth of the PCR

Hello all. My name is Daryl. I live in Chicago. I'm in the beginning stages of starting my freelance HO layout the "Princeton Central Road". :) That was the easy part. Now where do I get started??? < "The big head scratcher! I look forward to any insight offered and the opportunity to share my progress with the community.

Thanks

Welcome Daryl from Chicago! They might already have a railroad in chicago.......I think :confused:........but anyway I'll check on that..........and.....but you could still put one in your basement or.....basicly wherever you have room.......and they're fun! :)

Welcome Daryl from a fellow Chicagoan. We sure don't need more railroads in Chicago (Blocked crossing capital of the world), but another model railroad is more than welcome.

Welcome to the Forums, Daryl. This is a great place for model railroading. You might want to check out Model Railroad Hobbyist, which is a free online magazine with many good articles as well as back issues available. Well worth checking out, if you haven't already. Don't be a stranger!

http://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/

LOL!!! Rail fan and Gary B you are absolutely right about that one. Thanks for the welcome wishes. I promise not to tie things up too much. I'll use under and over passes wherever I can to keep things tidy!:). Burlington Bob thanks for the resource. I will check that out. I will be posting my vision of the PCR in the layout section. I welcome your inputs as well as any others as I have no idea where to begin.

Back