big X

It looks like that may be depressed lines in the roof for water run-off. if you follow to the edge of the roof, especially in the north building, it looks like they terminate at gaps in the wall for drainage.

ianacole is correct. those are lines formed by slightly sloping the roof to provide rain water drainage. At the crossing points and at the ends there will be a roof drain. The lines that form the Xs are basically stains from water, that's where it runs towards the drains. The center of the diamond shapes are raised a few inches to provide slope.

Flat roofs aren't really flat. At least not those that stay up long....

ianacole is correct. those are lines formed by slightly sloping the roof to provide rain water drainage. At the crossing points and at the ends there will be a roof drain. The lines that form the Xs are basically stains from water, that's where it runs towards the drains. The center of the diamond shapes are raised a few inches to provide slope.

Flat roofs aren't really flat. At least not those that stay up long....

Interesting! I have a mill on my layout with a large, so called, flat roof. It might be a good idea to add stain lines to my roof! Thanks everyone!

yeah its roof drainage I've been up on a few roofs like they and they have a little pitch to them to let water drain to the edges (also helps with snow melting)

Its funny I know exactly were that building is

yeah its roof drainage I've been up on a few roofs like they and they have a little pitch to them to let water drain to the edges (also helps with snow melting)

Its funny I know exactly were that building is

It used to be the..J.H. Sessions & Sons..building. A member of my family worked in there and he said the place is haunted by three children dressed in 1930s clothing. Two boys and a girl. He's seen the girl himself

Back