Big e

Quick update on the long range forecast. The weather guessers are indicating snow late Saturday into Sunday morning. So if you are travelling from outside southwestern New England you may want to keep a check on it. Given their record it may turn out to be 80 and sunny.

I'm still shooting for sat morning early. Compared to New Mexico, the weather here is astoundingly accurate. Storms coming off the front range of the rockies just seem to never follow any predictable patterns. The idea that someone could tell you five days out what the weather is going to be like is a total novelty to me. I still go for "Late evening darkness followed by early morning light".

I will make a point of it. What should i look for?

Just look for the Iwata signage! :D There will be at least one easel and people playing with airbrushes. Depending on customer traffic I'd be happy to shoot the bull, but remember that for me this will be a working show!

See y'all there!

Just look for the Iwata signage! :D There will be at least one easel and people playing with airbrushes. Depending on customer traffic I'd be happy to shoot the bull, but remember that for me this will be a working show!

See y'all there!

I might be one of your customers. An airbrush setup is on my list of stuff to get at the show.

See y'all there!
Let me display my ignorance. What is Iwata exactly?

Lucky devils, that show looks at least 10x bigger than anything we have down under. :(

Now, what's all this garbage about trains being something we don't "need"?! :D

High quality paints and airbrush equipment and accessories.

Check it out here:
http://www.iwata-medea.com/index.php/products

I'm a dealer and a custom painter, though I generally don't advertise on this or any forum. The Big E is a special case.
Thanks Alan. That looks to be a nice site and I did not know about it. I will stop and see you. I'm the old guy in the green down vest with a gray ponytail. There shouldn't be more than four or five hundred of us.

This Saturday, we’ll be announcing an all-new Genesis model at the Railroad Hobby Show in West Springfield, MA. If you plan to attend the show, we invite you to join us at 10:00am EST in the Better Living Center – Section 127 for the unveiling. If you can’t make the show, check out our Facebook page Saturday morning for details including an in-depth video. Additional information including detailed product pictures along with the regularly scheduled January announcements will be available this Sunday at Athearn.com.

It says "we". What is your role in the announcement? Are you affiliated with Athearn? I am really looking forward to the show. I will need to leave here about 5:30 AM to go down, have a good look at it, spend some money and get home in time to feed the horses.

It says "we". What is your role in the announcement? Are you affiliated with Athearn? I am really looking forward to the show. I will need to leave here about 5:30 AM to go down, have a good look at it, spend some money and get home in time to feed the horses.
sorry i cut & pasted off of fb :p

Thank You. I sometimes have trouble telling the Cowboys from the Indians, even though the Indians have these little business suits with ties and briefcases filled with samples. Clarity, clarity...

I did shows in the Big E years ago selling glass. It was a summer thing and they had no AC so the organizers brought in these huge 4 ft diameter air ducts and had massive compressors in the parking lot. One of the ducts opened right above my space. On day one the humidity was about 98%. They fired it off and it began to snow in my booth. Given the basic uses of the facility, the snow smelled like cow manure. Nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you. I sometimes have trouble telling the cowboys from the indians, even though the indians have these little business suits with ties and briefcases filled with samples. Clarity, clarity...

I did shows in the big e years ago selling glass. It was a summer thing and they had no ac so the organizers brought in these huge 4 ft diameter air ducts and had massive compressors in the parking lot. One of the ducts opened right above my space. On day one the humidity was about 98%. They fired it off and it began to snow in my booth. Given the basic uses of the facility, the snow smelled like cow manure. Nice.
ha ha ha thats funny rite there:d:d

Pete as you found out you don't want to be there after a livestock show. No matter how much they scrub the floors it still smells like a barn. When I worked for a race tire company we always had a booth for the Race-a-Rama weekend. All those race cars in that environment gave a new meaning to the word horsepower. Some say it is the best place for a flower and garden show as they grow about a foot a day just on the air inside the place. The rest of you have been warned. LOL

Back