"Best" modern HO DCC diesels: Preferably EMD, in a Southern Pacific roadname.

The reason for the Q was that you were leaning toward a single powered loco and dummy followers. Traction would become a real issue, especially if you were also towing a battery car as well.

The reason for the Q was that you were leaning toward a single powered loco and dummy followers. Traction would become a real issue, especially if you were also towing a battery car as well.

Yeah, that was before I realized there's really no dummies anymore. I'm now committed to buying multiple powered engines (at least they seem to be less expensive in N-scale). Also, since going N-scale, I'm guessing battery-powering/dead-railing is out due to the difficulty with working within such small spaces.

For your viewing pleasure there is an article on installing battery power to an Athearn Genesis GP. It is in this months (June 2016) Model Railroader. In the article Larry uses the Kato power trucks and a LiPo battery pack.

For your viewing pleasure there is an article on installing battery power to an Athearn Genesis GP. It is in this months (June 2016) Model Railroader. In the article Larry uses the Kato power trucks and a LiPo battery pack.

Cool! Thanks for head's-up! I'll check it out . . .

Back