Attempted to take photos...

pa3de8

GO PENNSY!!!
I attempted to take photos with our older Panasonic digital camera and they just look horrible. I'm embarrassed to post those. So I broke out our new Sony HandyCam and took some with that but now have to figure out how to get them from the camera onto the PC!!!

Frustrating!!!!

Scott

The camera should have come with a CD with a download program on it, which should be installed on your PC. It also should have come with a connecting cord to plug your camera into your PC for the automatic downloading of the photos.

Or you could just get a suitable card reader that you plug into a USB port on your PC and transfer the images from the memory card to a file in your PC.

Easy as that!

I did load the program from the CD but my computer does not recognize my camera for some reason...
I have the two programs from the CD installed though.

Scott

If you have a Windows 2000 or greater computer, all you have to do is plag in a sony camera, it should auto install the driver from pre-installed drivers in Windows, and recognize the camera. Sony Camera's do NOT require any of the programs bundled on the CD's, unless you're trying to transfer video from a Digital video tape to a computer.

Open up your Handycam's manual, and look for the "tranfers" section, and find the section on pictures. If its like mine, the pictures are saved to the Memory stick (mine has Digital Video tape & a Memory Stick Pro), I have to select "normal USB mode" on the camera BEFORE I plug it into the computer. Once "normal" mode is on, I can directly access it through windows explorer, I.E. Open 'My Computer' then celect the "drive" which is anywhere from F to H on this comuter, depending on USB port. I prefer this way as I hate "3rd party software" doing what I can do myself, much faster. HOWEVER Sony's Image Magic (I think thats the program that does it) can automaticaly transfer .jpg/.jpeg's on the memory to a specified location for you when you plug it in.

Anyways, in overview, check camera's internal download settings before you plug it in. USB streaming mode is for VIDEO download, normal is for images, or if you have it, .mpeg video.

PM my if you need more help (I ONLY own Sony camera's, five of them so far).

In theory that works great but the pc doesn't recoginize the camera when you plug it in....lol

Scott

In theory that works great but the pc doesn't recoginize the camera when you plug it in....lol

Scott

Not to state the obvious, but have you restarted the computer since you installed the software?

Make sure that particular USB port is 'alive' (try plugging something else in there to see if it works...I've run into dead ports before, both the missing-driver variety and static-electricity-killed variety :rolleyes: )

This was one of the cheapest, yet most heavily used, components I bought when I built this PC...

13-998-514-02.jpg

Yeah I have but for some reason when it comes up with install new hardware, SONY is not on their list!!!

Scott

ok, well try inserting the CD, just don't use the CD's install programs, then plug in the camera, and let it search to the driver, if it cannot find it, manualy select the CD drive. IF it still does not find it, try Sony's website.

Its odd that it cannot install the driver w/o the CD, I've never had problems, even on windows 98, I have never needed the CD for a Sony Driver.

If inserting the CD & the website STILL cannot get the driver, its time to double check the USB drivers, and all that stuff. Get back to me again...

Josh Baakko you need to get more trains and less cameras so you can start on a layout.
You can leave out the Baakko, I know you're talking to me. ;)

As for that, try again:
http://rr.blockchoice.com

*Where's your's?* Gimme a call tomorrow (Wed) or Saturday

I got in touch with tech support at Sony and they helped me get thru it. I just have to take it off the camera now.

Scott

Back