Atlas or Bachmann ??? Looking at the better layout

wayles3

I have a bunch, a bunch of used track in my attic. I am looking at building the Atlas -28 Granite Gorge and Northern plan in the Atlas code-100. I am looking at the Atlas HO-29 The Central Midland plan using the Atlas code-100 track.
My question? Using the Bachmann E-Z snap track, what layout plan best resembles either Ho-28 or HO-29? Or are there any other track plans that would work?

I have a bunch, a bunch of used track in my attic. I am looking at building the Atlas -28 Granite Gorge and Northern plan in the Atlas code-100. I am looking at the Atlas HO-29 The Central Midland plan using the Atlas code-100 track.
My question? Using the Bachmann E-Z snap track, what layout plan best resembles either Ho-28 or HO-29? Or are there any other track plans that would work?
I think you will find the Bachmann EZ Track does not fit well into the Atlas plans. There aren't enough complex pieces. It would be much easier to make a resemblance of the Granite Gorge & Northern rather than the Central Midland with Bachmann track.

You might be able to use both types of track on the same layout. You will just have to provide a raised roadbed for the flex track connection to the EZ track.

Hope you are young enough to not be bothered by the duct-unders to reach some of those remote tracks. I really did enjoy mine.

10-4 Thanks for your input. I figured that the areas that ar e covered, I can use the Bachmann E-Z track, and the exposed track use the Code-100 track.

Have never worked with Bachmann E-Z track, but my question would be, how do you connect it to Atlas or other track? Need to be sure the connections and transitions are compatible.

If, IF the bunch of track from the attic is brass rail, you don't want to go there, because brass oxidizes green which doesn't conduct electricity and thus causes frustrating train stall outs and is why the industry went to nickle silver rail...Also, if it is the old brass code 100, the ties are out of scale / too wide = too close together, leave alone they are black, not brown ( if realism is a factor for you ) ..
Concluding:
If the track you have is brass, chuck it all out and go modern code 83, nickle silver Atlas, Peco, Walthers, other (aside from how you might want to connect it to the simulated shouldered-ballast type stuff such as Bmann E-Z Track)..Or, just go all E-Z type for the entire project, since you plan on using it anyway...

Having Bachmann EZ Track is good for temporary layouts. If you're looking to use good ballast based track go with Kato. The turnouts are way more reliable. I would recommend buying new also. I bought used track at cheaper prices...but I got what I paid for. Someone else's headaches.

Back