As we close 2011

Well it's official after a year being employed with the Canadian Pacific Railroad/DM&E their sending me to Engineers class. Kinda have mixed emotions on it. I enjoy being on the ground as a conductor, but I won't miss the crappy weather days. Guess we will have to see how this all turns out. Wish me luck, i think I'm gonna need it.

Chad

Just as like anything in life, get a good grip on the horns and hang on! Sounds to me like opportunity is knocking! Good luck, Bob.

One more thing. Never pass up the chance to do or learn something new..................it makes life more exciting.

Hey Chad that's great, congrats!
Don't forget us little people standing by the tracks when you breeze on by....

Just one more thing, I never could figure out how to shut off that dang momentum, maybe you'll have better luck! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new opportunity. For some reason, things always turn out for the better sometimes.

Don't forget to lay on the horn for the railfans...

Congrats.

Working outside can take a toll on one especially when getting older.

Cherish your conductor days and retain the good memories by sharing your stories.

Hi Chad, congratulations on your promotion to "Engineer" I can understand you having mixed emotions about the job as that's how I felt when I was promoted to Driver (Engineer) but I am sure that all will be ok for you as it was for me. It's a fantastic job, more so if you're an enthusiast (railfan) ask yourself how many people get paid to do their hobby? The only possible downside to the job is that you get to see everything, warts and all so for a railfan this can sometimes spoil things a bit. But that said I'm sure you'll be ok. Keep us posted as to your progress. Finally, all the best to you and your family for the New Year. Regards James

yea good luck :)
my son SD-26 is working with pan am or should i say ride alongs to learn the job unoffically & he want so get certified when he turns 21 , im proud of him

Congrats on becoming a engineman..

I can understand the love of the ground work but,on cold blustery days I didn't care for the ground pounding and I still fully believe there is nothing as cold as a bitter North wind whipping through the yard especially between rows of cars since the cars act as a wind funnel..I'm cold just from thinking about it.

Congrats on your forced upon promotion.:D

If this helps any, this is probably a good time to be going to engineer school. A new rule book is coming out that would make switching in the Mason City yard a real pain. I goes into effect March 31, or immediately after you have been briefed on the new changes

Back