Anyrail

cmpyx

I currently and have had for some time a small table top n scale layout. Now that I have room, I intend on making a full size room layout. I have found anyrail to be an excellent tool for helping me design the layout but am limited to 50 pieces of track at a time. Trying to piece these little segments is becoming more frustrating than it is worth. I contacted the programmer to see if he has a cut down or full scale limited edition, but unfortunately this is not case. I cannot see spending 50 USD for a program that I will only use once because once I have this drawn up, it is being built one time and one time only. Is anyone willing to part with their license for 45 days to complete this portion of the project? Part of the problem with so many little drawings is that I believe I have more track drawn that what is really needed.

Thanks Cary for the infromation. I have tried XtracCad and found it difficult and cumbersome to use. Just before reading your response I found SCARM and am reading through the online doc. I will give this a try.

Don't get me wrong. Although I love Anyrail, I wish there could be an offering for a limited time based usage (i.e. $10.00 for 30 days at which time it would revert to the 50 piece limit). Now that is something I would understand, but paying that much for a one time use.

I am going to try SCARM. If this is as difficult as XtracCad, would anyone be willing to cheaply sell/rent their license for a limited time. Would even consider paying someone the $5-10 to draw this up for me if I am unable to do it.

Back