Anybody built a kit from JL Innnovative Design

CP6027

I am wanting to buy this kit of two lawn mowers

Of course they show a picture of a completed and painted kit. How hard are these to put together? I have a feeling that painting will be the easy part. This Cub Cadet rider is the exact same model I used growing up to mow our one acre lot.

Jerry

I am wanting to buy this kit of two lawn mowers

Of course they show a picture of a completed and painted kit. How hard are these to put together? I have a feeling that painting will be the easy part. This Cub Cadet rider is the exact same model I used growing up to mow our one acre lot.

Jerry

They are just like any other cast kit, small and simple. Use some superglue and paint afterward.

Well I was wondering if the parts are clean or need a lot of filing to make everything line up. Never purchased from this company before. I will have my LHS order it for me.

Thanks
Jerry

Haven't built any of their vehicle kits but I do have some of their roof vent and chimney details. Casting quality is very good with minimum to almost no parting line seams and no blow holes. On these pieces the sprues from the molding process were all on the base of the piece where clean up is easy and not seen after installation. Not quite a direct answer to your question but I would think they maintain this standard across their whole line of kits and parts.

I have done some of their N scale stuff and the quality was simple and good, the castings were actually pretty clean for being so small, but can not speak for the HO size but I am sure it is the same quality.

Back