Any one from?

you guys close to tampa? if so want to overnight me some lee roy selmons BBQ? LOL :D

45mins in good traffic!(we know that never happens!) most of the time 60mins! I hardly ever go to Tampa though:) I heard of Lee roy selmons BBQ, Everyone I talked to said it's good, Call them up and see if they will ship or at least sell you their BBQ sauce! then all you have to do is smoke it yourself!:D
I'll send you some beach sand and some salt water!LOL's:D

45mins in good traffic!(we know that never happens!) most of the time 60mins! I hardly ever go to Tampa though:) I heard of Lee roy selmons BBQ, Everyone I talked to said it's good, Call them up and see if they will ship or at least sell you their BBQ sauce! then all you have to do is smoke it yourself!:D
I'll send you some beach sand and some salt water!LOL's:D

LOL, I went to florida last may for the first time ever. Sister was graduating from univ. of tampa. So on the last day before we headed to tampa station (yes i took amtrak, and will never do it again. 35 hours going back to jersey sucks). We stopped at lee roy selmons, cause i wanted some good 'ol souther bbq. I was in heaven, best food i had eaten all week. When we got home, i did email Lee Roys', offered to overnight air tight tuperware :D and have return postage for overnight return. They declined, i then emailed numerous time's begging them. but to no avail.

I feel your pain man! It hurts I know, But in time you will forget the sweet BBQ sauce and smokie taste of them ribs! You will find another BBQ joint, North Jersey must have one somewhere! Jersey must have Rednecks!

I feel your pain man! It hurts I know, But in time you will forget the sweet BBQ sauce and smokie taste of them ribs! You will find another BBQ joint, North Jersey must have one somewhere! Jersey must have Rednecks!

haha lol. Yea jersey has some rednecks. Im in north east jersey 4 miles from NYC. Anything west and south of the 287 half circle is considered the boonies to us northern folks.

As for good BBQ, if it aint from the south (not s. jersey) it's not real bbq.

Have you ever Been to any of the 1991 H&R Train shows? My old layout was there!

The last & only time I ever went to an H&R train show was when they had the outdoor RR about half finished. Don't know what year it was.

Larry

haha lol. Yea jersey has some rednecks. Im in north east jersey 4 miles from NYC. Anything west and south of the 287 half circle is considered the boonies to us northern folks.

As for good BBQ, if it aint from the south (not s. jersey) it's not real bbq.

I guess that's just one more reason to vacation in Florida! Next time try Fried Grouper sandwich! you'll never leave!lol's

Chris,

I stopped at "Dana's" once it was a nice place. It would be great to go more often but I live over 20 miles away and gas prices being what they are these days..:( Also, a correction I'm east of ya' and not west.:eek: You going to the train show in Dade City next weekend?:)

Bob (SALRy);)

Chris,

I stopped at "Dana's" once it was a nice place. It would be great to go more often but I live over 20 miles away and gas prices being what they are these days..:( Also, a correction I'm east of ya' and not west.:eek: You going to the train show in Dade City next weekend?:)

Bob (SALRy);)

Dana's is nice, but he's one of those if I ain't got it I can order it types of LHS's......:( I know and under stand that they can't carry every, but when it comes to staple things I get annoyed. They have a real nice HO layout in back and often host train swap meets on saturdays once a month which is good!:D

Under stand the gas thing! Real expensive to motor around! Thank God for UPS and mail order!:p sometimes it's way cheaper!

As for next weeks train show in dade city, no can do :mad: Got Lawns to Mow! I work for Pasco county Parks(San Antonio Athlitic Complex that's out side of dade city) and rec Mon-Fri Mowing grass, laying out ball fields and stuff. Then on my weekends off I mow peoples yard's and do yard work to make ends meet! So It's tough for me to just get away and do things:( But at least i'm not losing my house or missing meals:D and my Aquarium, trains and RC stuff is safe for now...........:) Know any one who needs a yard man?:eek:

Have you ever Been to any of the 1991 H&R Train shows? My old layout was there!

No but been to the store kinda nice went last year in Oct. doubt I will ever go there again though. Not much of a selection in HO. They had a lot of O stuff though.

I am about 45 min from Tampa. I have a Leroy Selmons about 3 miles away from home....

I am in HO scale too..

After the last show in 1991 was the last time I went to H&R Trains or as I like to call it, "Higher than Retail Trains" I've met very few that would recommend them to friends. I've yet to see a hobby shop impress me to the point I'll go to them rather than mail order or train shows!

I guess that's just one more reason to vacation in Florida! Next time try Fried Grouper sandwich! you'll never leave!lol's

haha, well im going to be in fort lauderdale in may to take a cruise to the bahama's. But im not really a florida person. It was wayyyyy to hot in tampa last may. Im more of a 3 season's guy. love spring, hate summer, love fall and just barely get buy liking winter now that im getting older. Now i understand why my father hated it. lol

Back