Another great ARG meet.

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
I thought I'd post a few pics from today's ARG meet. Glenn and his wife were our gracious hosts this month and did a great job, as always. We ran an operating session on Glenn's awesome N scale RR, the WC&W. We were each assigned our jobs and off we went... I'm just glad the guy switching the steel mill really knew his stuff and prevented any log jams there...;)

The mad scientist of switching, er, I mean the dispatcher at work in the west staging yard. Glenn, aka wcwbrasshat.
179458820.gif

L to R: Glenn, Jimmy, CJ, Mr May, Rex. Workin on the railroad.
179458815.gif

LGM runnin the branch line.
179458818.gif

And, of course, no ARG post would be complete without lunch pics. Here, ARGers converge on Glenn's deck prowling for food. L to R: Jimmy , LGM, yours truely, and Mr May.
179458826.gif

Lunch is served. Same rowdy bunch, minus me, plus Rex.
179458817.gif

Rex you look a tad worried about that last picture there. Nice face, and great shots from the meet, looking good. I'm trying to hook up with people in the San Diego area to run trains...

Yip it's confirmed you guys meet every month to eat hot dogs and burgers and swap lies it's got nothin to do with trains.

And I'm dead Jealous!!!!! I want in on the action. Darn planet is just to big.

Ken.

Hi all. Here's a few more pics.

Town meeting. "You say the engine has to be on the other side of those boxcars, hum... How we gonna dodat? :confused:
179568468.gif

Rex pauses from polishing mainline rail for a pic. :cool:
179568472.gif

A shot of the steel mill confusion captured for eternity. At least the plant manager has a few empties for byproducts now. ;)
179568476.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
jbaakko said:
Rex you look a tad worried about that last picture there. Nice face, and great shots from the meet, looking good. I'm trying to hook up with people in the San Diego area to run trains...

Ha!Ha! Yeah, Eric has a talent for catching you with your mouth full. But with the delicious food, I guess he couldn't capture the moment any other way. I don't know what Glenn's wife spiced up those hamburgers with, but they were outstanding 3/4 pounders. Yum! Yum! :D

My "N" scale dexterity had improved considerably since the last time we met at Glenn's. I didn't knock over any yards and my ability to rerail cars was much better by only taking 3 minutes instead of 10. I just wish that I hadn't ran my first train off into the bookcase below:eek: :eek: :D.

Lots of fun and laughs that I will always remember. (I just hope Glenn will reconsider my employment. Seems I was always 3 hours behind schedule:rolleyes: )
EDIT: I need to add that my empoyment was not the only one in question. There was a rumor that Grande man was demoted from Steel Mill Yardmaster to Rail Maintenance, 3d class. Hehehehe!:p

Last edited by a moderator:
What I find amazing is ya got 3 pix of Jimmie!

The food was good, the trains were fun, and I'm really jealous we had to leave before ya'll went to the tunnel. That would have been fun!

RexHea said:
Lots of fun and laughs that I will always remember. (I just hope Glenn will reconsider my employment. Seems I was always 3 hours behind schedule:rolleyes: )
Rex, I don't think that was the problem! Seems the mill operators kept holding all the empty hoppers!:eek:

I believe that its THEIR employment that's in question!:rolleyes:

All I know is that the production numbers were a little off at the mill yesterday. The plant manager mentioned a "log jam" at the interchange yard...:D

I see from all the great photos,that everyone had a fun time. As for me,well the only yard work I got to do,involved a lawnmower,and a real yard.Two to be exact.My own,and my Dad's. I also had to help move boxes and other fun stuff in the new house,but how I wish I could have been there:( .Oh,well,maybe next time.William.

RexHea said:
Ha!Ha! Yeah, Eric has a talent for catching you with your mouth full. But with the delicious food, I guess he couldn't capture the moment any other way. I don't know what Glenn's wife spiced up those hamburgers with, but they were outstanding 3/4 pounders. Yum! Yum! :D

My "N" scale dexterity had improved considerably since the last time we met at Glenn's. I didn't knock over any yards and my ability to rerail cars was much better by only taking 3 minutes instead of 10. I just wish that I hadn't ran my first train off into the bookcase below:eek: :eek: :D.

EDIT: I need to add that my empoyment was not the only one in question. There was a rumor that Grande man was demoted from Steel Mill Yardmaster to Rail Maintenance, 3d class. Hehehehe!:p

HA, sounds good!

Back