Another day, another railfanning trip

Well, last time I spent most of my time at the curve, so this time I thought I'd travel around a bit more. Now, there are some projects underway in many places, with a lot of older inftastructure falling apart, so my photographic opprotunities are limited.
First, I went to the curve, we all know why...first I caught a grain train, and used the wide-angle to interesting effect.
SantaFe5021andgraintrainatthecur-1.jpg

Then - What a suprise! Not one, not two, but THREE C-Liners, and all in BLOCK lettering! Now THAT is a railfan's dream come true!
4081freightatthecurvestraightened.png

And before you scream about MORE shots from that place, I did leave just then to go to Hoodoo switch, where the mainline formerly divided into two sections, one into Redrock Canyon on a 4% grade, the other up to Virginia and west on a 2.2% grade - The 4% grade down has long since been torn up. On this day, a pair of C-424s waited for the signal to proceed to Virginia while some geeps got a little on-route switching done.
C-424sonHoodoobridgelevelangle.jpg

C-424sonHoodoobridgelowangle.jpg

Then I climbed up the hoodoos, no small feat to get this shot
C-424sonHoodoobridgeHIGHangle.jpg

Then I spent another night in VIrginia, and, as per usual botched my night shots...
FA-1Virginiaroundhousenightshot2.jpg

C-424sonHoodoobridgenight2.jpg

Note to self - Don't use filters to set the mood. :p
And watch out for those clouds...

Some nice photos there! I especially like the one looking up at the CP engines. This photo also illustrates why I personally paint the trucks and underframes of my models Grimy Black and apply light weathering - so they can be seen in photos. Under your diesels are great big areas of black without any details whatsoever. Even a little weathering with some weathering powders or chalk would make the areas stand out and be visible.

To each his own I guess!

While I absolutely agree with you (And it's hard not to with your expertise) I am not yet of that caliber....I'm just the photographer. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Back