And this is why kids get killed....

Are these kids stupid???

Watchin a bunch of train videos on youtube tonight, and came across this one. It kinda pissed me off how little respect they showed for the railroad. I was amazed they stood that close for one, not to mention clearly trespassing on the rails, and probably making the engineer very nervous. While yes it was cool to see the laptop get obliterated, I am still dumbfounded by these two.... thoughts?

Skip to 1:30 for the train part http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjdHBttAmPE&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:
Stupidity has no limits! I can see a Darwin Award in their future. Crap like this is just one reason of many that people are not welcome near RR property.

Near me, there is a bridge over a deep cut on the BNSF. Used to be a good place to take pictures and watch trains from. After an accumulation of junk below, ranging from tires to a refrigerator, the RR built a tall chain link fence on both sides, ruining a nice view.

Greates Generation

of idiots. They need to be turned in for something to learn a lesson. "Greatest Generation of Idiots".
Wayne

The biggest stimulus for this sort of teen (and young adult) behavior is the idea that they will get some sort of instant "fame" by recording and posting these increasing ridiculous things for all to see. The Internet is filled with this nonsense and it only serves to generate more daring feats and is without doubt the Internet at its worst.

If you doubt what I say, just look at those similar mainstream presentations like the TV show and feature film Jack Ass and the money and notoriety it's generated. You're only going to see more and more of this stupidity as time goes by, I'm afraid.

NYW&B

The biggest stimulus for this sort of teen (and young adult) behavior is the idea that they will get some sort of instant "fame" by recording and posting these increasing ridiculous things for all to see. The Internet is filled with this nonsense and it only serves to generate more daring feats and is without doubt the Internet at its worst.

If you doubt what I say, just look at those similar mainstream presentations like the TV show and feature film Jack Ass and the money and notoriety it's generated. You're only going to see more and more of this stupidity as time goes by, I'm afraid.

NYW&B

Very very true. It is amazing the things you can find that people have posted online. Ive seen kids get expelled because they threatened to "pop a cap in my teachas asss fool" over a facebook post, and the school found out. What the kids in the video probably dont realize, is that they recorded themselves trespassing, and causing possible harm to CN equipment or employees. So if the railroad got ahold of that video im sure they could do something legally if they wanted to. My cousin (which belongs to that generation) video taped himself going 110 down the highway and put it on facebook so he could impress all of his friends. I called him right when I saw it and told that dumbass to take that down imediately. So yeah it its only bound to get worse. Social media is a double edge sword. It can be great at times, but it can also be very very bad lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to think the girl could do a lot better, but I'm not so sure. Either way, they were both trespassing, and the video sucks for no other reason than it is peurile.

Back