An industry for you scratch builders

grande man

Bonafied Grande Nut
Hi all.

I couldn't help but take a pic of this feed mill. Could it be inspiration for someone in cyberland?

Feed_Mill.JPG

LOL, that look's complicated, BUT there are some kit's on the market that could be bashed into something similar

That looks tough!!..but nothing is impossible!..Take a look at my friends layout..He has the Mt. Union Brick Yard kiln set-up..These shots don't do it justice...he has all the piping for the gas lines from tank cars to each kiln..water lines in and out...fans cooling finished bricks...exhaust bricks removed on cooling kilns....flicker lights in working kilns and chimneys..with incense burning for smoke...has his dad standing there supervising the unloading, dresses as he was back then....Its amazing to see!!..He scratch built it all...kilns were made from PVC pipe end caps.. So even tho it looks impossible...it can be done with little short cuts...and you'll be proud once it's done to be able to tell everyone, "I made that!" :) Hope you don't mind Bill for me posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I never paid that much attention to a feed mill until looking hard at your photo. Danged, there is a lot of it:eek: .

Rex, most feed mills are pretty danged elaborate. I'm going to leave the scratched mills to the experts.

Back