An ebay item I just picked up...

eBay is tricky....The "Seller" wants the most he can get. The "Buyer" wants to spend the least amount. The seller is looking for the one guy who wants this and moneys not an issue. The buyer may see that one item he had when he was a kid, always wanted, is the only one available he ever saw in original box etc. One of a kind items become somewhat priceless. Tho it may only be worth $10, how many are around?? If only one is, the price can go well over $50 to the guy who "don't care...I want it!!"... I know one buyer that if it has EBT on it and he wants it, forget ever bidding because he don't care the price, he'll outbid you.
If you are happy with the price then its a deal for you!....I love the looks of it and your lucky I didn't see it first...I'd a went $25...LOL
If the picture wasn't on your table, I'd swear it was real!...Kudos to the builder..I don't think I could let that piece go if I built it!

That's where ebay can be a pain. It allows almost EVERYONE around the world an opportunity to bid on an item. So if some rich guy see's it and wants it...then who knows how much he'll up bidding on it...

I think all the naysayers should crawl back under their rocks and stay there. Why try and beat someone down? Jealousy? I hardly get the motivation. Guess you guys didn't learn the whole... If you don't have something nice to say.....

Further, I went to the dayton train show this year, and my god what a joke. I saw nothing as nice as this, because if I had, I would have picked it up without hesitation. And I looked at every vendor too, maybe I missed them, but the way you all talk, you can find them easy.

Dsquared, I am definetly jealous.... it's very sharp!!!! I'd pay 20 dollars shipped to my door ALL DAY LONG. That's approx, 15 to 16 dollars before shipping if shippping was even cheap.

Great find.

That's because you're one of those people who don't appreciate the time, effort, and skill involved in a weathering job such as that. If you did.....you would know that $20 is a steal for the "work" alone. I can tell you as a custom painter........... that was a steal at $20.

Ditto. I"m a custom painter too, and I would have charged that easily. More if any of that decal work is custom, and I have all the work I can do, so the price isn't out of line. The problem with train shows from a dealer's standpoint is that people come by all day and want to offer you 10 or 20 cents on the dollar. They figure you must be there because you want to get rid of whatever you are selling, and expect you to give it away.

Bottom line: If you are happy with what you paid, what we think doesn't mean squat. I think you did OK. Obviously others don't, but so what?

I'd say for $20, an RTR container/chassis, patched paint, weathered, realistic looking, you got quite a bargain there!!!

Sure, I've seen lots of $6-10 weathered cars at trains shows - and they all look like crap. Start out with cheap, crudely detailed cars, and slap some quick, half-assed amateurish monotone "weathering" on it and then sell with the other cheap junk.

The container and trailer in the original post are very nicely done, realistic weathering and streaking, and patch jobs. It's also not overdone or anything. $20 sounds pretty good to me, since this is very nicely done.

If the person that bought it is happy with it, and with the amount he paid for it, then it was a good deal for him.
'Nuff said.

Back