Albuquerque, NM

Dougget

Hi,
I'm headed out to New Mexico next week. There seem to be two main hobby shops in the area, WigWag and Trains West. I will probably only have time to go to one. Any recommendations?

Also, my goal is to pickup a piece of rolling stock that has markings from the area. New Mexico would be good, but something specifically from Alb. would be ideal. So, are there any train lines that I should look for. Era is not important.

Thanks,
Doug

New Mexico has a commuter type train that runs from Belen -- I think -- through Albuquerque to Santa Fe. It's called the RoadRunner and is quite colorful. Athearn has a produced a set consisting of a locomotive and three cars.

And then there's also Amtrak.

Has anyone been to WigWag or Trains West? I'm headed out tonight and will probably be able to visit only one shop. Where should I go?

Later,
Doug

Well,
I tried to go to wigwag, but I couldn't find the place. I did find the address, but there were no signs, no indications of a train store. Trains West was very close by, so I reset the GPS and headed over there. Found it. Awesome place. Several small layouts with test racks, lots of inventory. Very cool. I bought an ATSF flat car with a SantaFe trailer.

Doug

Last year while in Albq., I too tried to find Wig-Wag and didn't. I had been into Trains West before. Nice store, but seemed expensive, so didn't buy anything.

Back