Affordable city buildings?

I am planning on building a 3x6ft oval HO layout for short switching locomotives to run on and where can I find affordable city buildings like the ones on this website?

IMG_6523.jpeg
https://www.gatewaynmra.org/2003/gateway-central-4x6-foot-small-ho-scale-model-railroad-layout/

Several of the structures shown aren't all that expensive. Many are in the Walthers Cornerstone series or from Life-like. But, of course the larger and the more detailed, the higher the price.

Some are still available:

But several of the buildings have been discontinued.

Here are some alternate possibilities by City Classics, Smalltown USA, Walthers Cornerstone series, and DPM (Design Preservation Models):

These were all common structures 20 years ago. Many might still be available from Walther's or other Internet sources. Affordable is subjective based on current availability.
Some I can identify for you based on the pictures on the link that you provided.
There's 2-Walther's Railway Express Agency (REA) Transfer Building that are still in stock at Walther's.
1709068885330.png

There's a Walther's Red Wing Milling Co, circled below. It is still also available from them.
gateway-central-10-11.jpg

This one is George Roberts Printing, also still available.
gateway-central-10-03.jpg

I recognize some of the others, that one in the lower left corner of the previous picture is marketed as some sort of hotel, although off hand I cannot remember who made it.
This tall building is part of Bachmann's Cityscape series, which may only be available on someplace like EBay. Some of the other structures are also from that series.
gateway-central-10-07-640x400.jpg

The structure in the middle next to the water tower is Walther's Merchant's Row II, also still available according to their website.
Many others can be modeled with structures from Smalltown USA, City Classics, or DPM. Take a look at their websites. Most all of these can probably be gotten on EBay or similar sites at a lesser cost than the manufacturer. The links that I highlighted are just a few possibilities.
Hope that this helps.

Best bet for affordable buildings is a hobby shop, if you have one nearby, that has consignment goodies.
I'm clearing out so many of mine right now but shipping to you would kill the deal.

Back