Advice converting dc locos to dcc

For the GP40s, you might try the NCE BACH-DSL decoder.
That looks like a winner! I had never noticed that particular model before. Looks like it will fit exactly for both the Santa Fe and the BNSF. Almost makes me want to go buy a Bachmann just to try it out... There are also some good installation instructions on the NCE site too.
https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200386065/BachDv35.pdf

The NCE decoder that would just plug into the Norfolk Southern unit is the model D13SRP.

That looks like a winner! I had never noticed that particular model before. Looks like it will fit exactly for both the Santa Fe and the BNSF. Almost makes me want to go buy a Bachmann just to try it out... There are also some good installation instructions on the NCE site too.
https://ncedcc.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/200386065/BachDv35.pdf

The NCE decoder that would just plug into the Norfolk Southern unit is the model D13SRP.

Thanks, placing the order today.

I have a Walters loco I need to convert to dcc. Any idea what model this loco is or which NCE chip or any other brand DCC will work? All it says is Walters on the bottom.
240ce7d8a452a4136d810f82a3e87e3c.jpg
fe0631c2bda1a3c4153031d7b760968b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Walters loco I need to convert to dcc. Any idea what model this loco is or which NCE chip or any other brand DCC will work?
That is a strange choice of wire colors they have for that unit. It looks like the same long flat type decoder like the DASR or DH165AO would work.

Thanks. I've had a hard time finding info for it. My son loves his Amtrak. So it's either convert this one or buy a new one.

Had no idea. Bought it from a friend. He didn't know either. It's a heavy engine and seems to run fine on dc. Guessing it's older, do you think it's worth converting to dcc for $20 or buy a new one?

Had no idea. Bought it from a friend. He didn't know either. It's a heavy engine and seems to run fine on dc. Guessing it's older, do you think it's worth converting to dcc for $20 or buy a new one?
Oh, well, I like working with old equipment. I've got things a lot older and less worthy than that I've converted.

If you go to tcsdcc.com, there is a series of pictures and instructions on installing a decoder in that loco.

I'd copy the link, but it's too hard to do with a tablet this time of day, lol.

Sent from my Vic20 using Java Moose

Back