Adding Safety Stripes

yes the material is actual reflective tape like he said you can buy it at your local auto parts store.
Jabba what was that box car that you posted i want one it looks like a thrall door car with two sets of doors. could you post a few pics of it for me i would like for a closer look at it thanks. and great tip btw. i will have to try it i have some in my toolbox at work since i am a auto mechanic

Last edited by a moderator:
looking good, nice to see someone my age (14) involved with this hobby.
little foot when i had my first layout i was in elementary school i think i was 8 and since then i have expanded my collection of trains and broke most of my original stuff.
i am now 19 and just bought my first digital command control system from digitrax i love it. i am currently organizing all my stuff and i have over 7, 12 gallon plastic flip top totes full one of them totes is packed overflowing with track likewise with bridge piers in another boxm i have over thirty locos. but i am still young lol

yes the material is actual reflective tape like he said you can buy it at your local auto parts store.
Jabba what was that box car that you posted i want one it looks like a thrall door car with two sets of doors. could you post a few pics of it for me i would like for a closer look at it thanks. and great tip btw. i will have to try it i have some in my toolbox at work since i am a auto mechanic

Its a Athearn Blue Box Kit its called a 89' boxcar. I got two of the off ebay.One is CSX and the other is Western Pacific which will soon be patched.

little foot when i had my first layout i was in elementary school i think i was 8 and since then i have expanded my collection of trains and broke most of my original stuff.
i am now 19 and just bought my first digital command control system from digitrax i love it. i am currently organizing all my stuff and i have over 7, 12 gallon plastic flip top totes full one of them totes is packed overflowing with track likewise with bridge piers in another boxm i have over thirty locos. but i am still young lol

LOL glad to hear that.I built my layout all by myself and I was 12 when I started it. At first It was 4x6 then 4x8 then 8x8 lol. It just keeps getting bigger but now it has to stay 8x8 because the room I use it 10x12 I think so yeah haha.

LOL glad to hear that.I built my layout all by myself and I was 12 when I started it. At first It was 4x6 then 4x8 then 8x8 lol. It just keeps getting bigger but now it has to stay 8x8 because the room I use it 10x12 I think so yeah haha.

yeah you cant get any bigger or you wont have room for you workbench. i have a ten by 20 spot that i use for the work shop i have my desk my tool chests and all kinds of stuff down there in that room. right now all of my trains are in my bedroom my section of the bedroom is 9 by 10 and i have another desk in there and dressers and a workbench and rolly chair the workbench is a board laid on top of boxes. where i sleep is on the floor the way i like it with my head under the desk thats also where i keep my laptop under the desk lol but i will be getting another spot in the basement to build my layout that will be something like 10 by 20 or 25 and i only have three walls for that area so now i can build giant penynsilas that stick out kinda like florida does i cant wait to get started on my benchwork but in the meantime i am building structures and preping my cars and locos.

Back