Added an additional main line

NYC_George

I went down stairs early this morning before church and thought I might finish up the project of adding some additional bench work where needed to support a second main track for the upper deck. The problem is on this portion of the layout the first deck lift gate was in the way. If I had planned for a two main second deck in the first place there wouldn't be a problem. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess I just wanted to get the trains running at the time. I should have realized I would eventually be making the change. Well anyway I cut a 1 X 4 X 3/4 to fit the space making an additional cut so I could raise the gate with out it hitting anything. I fastened the extra support in place with some glue and 3 inch screws. The first photo shows how it looks now. I'll have to replace the fascia board but only temporally because a steel arc bridge will eventually be put into place here. That's why I decided on the 20 year plan. The second photo is the wiring to the switch above which has access to one of the upper deck yards. The wires are for every thing from track power to signals, to powering the frog etc. You can see why I want to order some colored wire and use all those wire nuts. All the upper deck switches will get a wabbit that at some time in the future be wired into a computer.

NYC_George

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough grade

That makes two of you Paul. My wife informed me this morning that it's all OK until she sees a track coming up the stairs.

NYC_George

Back