A very simple switching layout

Oops...A little bit short !:mad: Fortunately the turnout works fine...but you can't see that on the photo.

17.jpg

A little bit short too...:mad:

18.jpg

I suggest using laminated plywood instead of MDF "particle board". It is much stronger, holds fasteners better, and resists warping better.

Unfortunately, SWMBO (the spousal unit) gave me a direct order: "Gently take your toy apart and put it all in a box. Right away ! Save our money for food, gas, bills and every others serious things." I can't disobey to a direct order if I want to stay alive a few minutes more. 🤬 🤬 🤬 So my switching layout has been dismantled and stored in a box.

Unfortunately, SWMBO (the spousal unit) gave me a direct order: "Gently take your toy apart and put it all in a box. Right away ! Save our money for food, gas, bills and every others serious things." I can't disobey to a direct order if I want to stay alive a few minutes more. 🤬 🤬 🤬 So my switching layout has been dismantled and stored in a box.
How does putting it in a box save money for those things?

Is that a "training school"? :) I don't want to encourage you, but in fact I am right now building a layout with the boxes and boxes of stuff that I bought over a period of 30 years. I'm discovering that I actually have (almost) everything. Such a long time has also allowed me to focus on my two main roads and locales, BC Rail and China Railways. The key thing is not to let it become an estate sale. :) There was a period of time when belonging to a club with a layout satisfied my need for track. After that I dilly dallied with 1950's era Canadian Pacific in N scale, first a 2x6' and then a 2'x3' table. It kept me sane.

Back