A life with disabilities

Welcome Angelic.

Those are indeed disabilities. Bronchitis is something that I get at least once a year. I've only had pnuemonia once, that was enough for me to know I don't want it again. As far as sinus problems go, I have moderate to severe sinus infections 1 to 2 times a year. One time it got so bad I sounded like Wolfman Jack! I have only partial use of my sinus passages, what with the right side being permanantly closed off due a broken nose, so colds give me a lot of trouble.

yea, if i get sick it's not preaty, i had to quit a job because i cought the flu, I was stuck in bed for almost 2 months, could of swarn i was going to die. But the worst part of all is that every morning i wake up choking on mucus that collected in my wind pipe, waking up gaging and chocking is not good, I don't know how many nights I wake up because I'm not breathing but apperently most people think that I have no problems, so I look at it as a day in the life of William Fannin

yea I know the doctor kept giving me moltrins 800's and Vicoden but i will don't take them, I got enough going wrong with out getting addicted to codine pain pills for bodyaches ( I feel like an old man)

I'm in pain all the time but I don't let it keep me down. I get out and do what I can. Though I do have limited mobility, I get around fairly well. I don't use a walker nor do I use a scooter. All I have to enable me to walk is my braces and a cane. Now when I'm shopping, you better believe I use one of the stores scooters. Doing that much walking hurts too much!

Hi, Gents. I have been blessed, truly blessed. I busted my nose playing murder ball in highschool (probably can't use that name any more in this PC world), and aside from some age-related issues, I am in excellent health. I ran competitively for many years, and since I am light, and was that much leaner as a runner, my joints don't seem to have suffered unduly.

About the only stupid thing I do every two or three years is pull my back by over-reaching a lift. I re-learn the lesson, and all is good for another spell. :rolleyes:

I am grateful for all of your stories, because I, like most of us, get lost in my own tribulations and problems, many of which are entirely made up. We went without power for three extended periods due to storms over the holidays, and I never once felt deprived or afraid. I thought, in the dark, of what it would be like to not only have no power, but to be truly alone, incapacitated, ill, injured, dirt poor, and so on. I had a lantern and Model Railroader to read.

So, let me close by saying, "Thank-you for your strength, your will, your resilience, your ingenuity, and for keeping faith. Thank-you for sharing your stories so positively, and for reminding me that I will never have it so good as this very moment."

-Respectfully,

Crandell O.

Angelic your not on your own in the world of sinus trouble, you have my sympathy on this one,,,i have had surgery on the sinus's twice in two years and it's no fun at all
Crandell good to see you over here again

Hi, Gents. I have been blessed, truly blessed. I busted my nose playing murder ball in highschool (probably can't use that name any more in this PC world), and aside from some age-related issues, I am in excellent health. I ran competitively for many years, and since I am light, and was that much leaner as a runner, my joints don't seem to have suffered unduly.

About the only stupid thing I do every two or three years is pull my back by over-reaching a lift. I re-learn the lesson, and all is good for another spell. :rolleyes:

I am grateful for all of your stories, because I, like most of us, get lost in my own tribulations and problems, many of which are entirely made up. We went without power for three extended periods due to storms over the holidays, and I never once felt deprived or afraid. I thought, in the dark, of what it would be like to not only have no power, but to be truly alone, incapacitated, ill, injured, dirt poor, and so on. I had a lantern and Model Railroader to read.

So, let me close by saying, "Thank-you for your strength, your will, your resilience, your ingenuity, and for keeping faith. Thank-you for sharing your stories so positively, and for reminding me that I will never have it so good as this very moment."

-Respectfully,

Crandell O.

Thanks for your comments. It always makes things easier when someone tries to understand and they care about what is going on.

Keith owen

heres the thing, if it wasn't for my Faith I wouldn't have made it this far, it even helps with my ministry. the funny thing is that in a way if I wasn't sickly I might be just as knuckleheaded as alot of the other intercity youth from my neck of the woods. Compton is the 4th most dangerious in the country. sad but I see so many people I went to school with being buried.

A person who's not disabled and can understand what the disabled are going through is very special indeed. My father has never had anything set him back, no injury that kept him from working and no sickness to limit his movement. It is very hard for him to understand what I'm going through, because he has nothing to compare it with. He can't understand why I can't do things that he can, why his energy level is much higher than mine, but he tries. I have to give him that, he does try.

I can't phrase it as eloquently as Crandall did, but I'm helped alot by visiting this thread even though I'm "healthy" [with the help of some ~half-dozen prescription meds for BP, cholestrol, depression etc.]. I need it to regain a sense of gratitude for where I'm at compared to many others less fortunate. I remember the time during college that I injured my ankle and had to use crutches, I did NOT handle that situation very well at all!:(

jeffery you are a very strong person, so far i havent had anything stop anything that i wanted to do but i realize that it only takes one moment and life can change

Exactly right, Thomas. I've been disabled almost my entire life. I don't let that stop me from enjoying life. The person who gives up because of a disability or in my case, disabilities, won't have a good life. I've seen it happen all to often.

Welcome Crandell, Hope you have some fun at our forum !!
Thank-you for your welcome, OldGettysk. I make the rounds of about 3-4 forums an evening...all the best ones....heh, heh.... It is always warming to receive hails from regulars everywhere.

-Crandell

Back