A business we can model

I forgot to say, The first picture is looking down river. The picture was taken from the highway bridge ( Arrigoni )
The second picture is looking up river with the Arrigoni Bridge in the background

more pictures

Mid-State002.png

Mid-State035.png

Mid-State036.png

Mid-State015.png

Love those, um... tracks! Nice to see the boys get weekends off too. ;)
Thanx for the pics!

This is the most useful thread I've seen all week! I have the perfect spot for an industry like this. I need something for a spur near a cement distribution facility (Walthers Medusa Cement Co). I was trying to come up with some small, kind of dirty, grungy industry that didn't need a clean or sanitary environment in which to operate. I think this might be it!

The sidebar discussion about tank car unloading was also very enlightening. I can't use something like that now, but I'll be sure to tuck that away in my brain for possible future use.

The bridge track is still in use? If so, I think that takes the record for the most overgrown active trackage I've ever seen. Now that would be a challenge to model. :)

sad news

I know this is a poor picture. It's from channel 3 news here in connecticut. We are having the worse winter in our history and the business chronicled on my thread here has collapsed under the weight of over 30 inches of snow on it's roof. I hope they rebuild
26634318_640X480.png

It's a bad situation but I'm glad no one was hurt. Hopefully they will rebuild we the snow settles and please keep us updated. This is one business I plan on modeling.

Yes I will. Sorry that some of my pictures were deleted. I needed the space I will see if I can put them back up.

Larry

Back