8-40CW handrails??

CbarM

HO all the way!
Hey guys, I have 3 RPP shells that I have detailed and are going to the paintshop. I am having a really tough time locating handrail sets for these other then smokey valley. I just called Atlas and they dont even have their handrail sets available till next month sometime. Anyone know if I could order the 8-40BW sets from Atlas and just extend them a lil, or would the stantions be molded in the wrong place?

Hey guys, I have 3 RPP shells that I have detailed and are going to the paintshop. I am having a really tough time locating handrail sets for these other then smokey valley. I just called Atlas and they dont even have their handrail sets available till next month sometime. Anyone know if I could order the 8-40BW sets from Atlas and just extend them a lil, or would the stantions be molded in the wrong place?

The handrails are made from Acetal. Good luck gluing that, even cynanoacrylate just slips off. Plus, the pegs on the bases of the stantions are different and will require redrilling. My advice? Patience until Atlas foes another run of C handrails. Why do you not like the Smokey Valley rails?

Utah Pacific made GE handrail stanchions many years ago. Not sure if they are still available. You also might check Walther's. They still list some SV kits in stock. Phil

My first choice would be to use the Utah Pacific GE handrail stanchions and bend my own handrails. :)

Dan

I will check out Utah pacific n see what they got. I ordered 2 sets of Atlas BW handrails yesterday (only $4/set) so I can use the end platform handrails from those. What is the most prototypical size of wire to use for these handrails?

Well I couldnt find what I needed from Utah pacific, so I just bit the bullet and ordered 2 sets of the Smokey Valley ones from Walthers. I also ordered a SM set for a bachmann 8-40C for an extra special one of a kind project I am workin on. Just waiting on hood doors n then off to the paintshop!

Back