36" metal wheels for track power pick up

Artieiii

I converted my Con Cor Amtrak passenger cars into a Rio Grande Ski Train. The passenger cars came with plastic wheels. I want to add LED's for the interior lighting so I need metal wheels that are insulated on one side only so they can pick up power from the track. I purchased Proto 2000 metal wheels but they are insulated on both sides of the axle so I can't get track power. When I search online it is unclear in the description if they are insulated on 1 side or both sides of the axle. Any suggestions on what brand to look for?
-Art

Intermountain wheels are all-metal. They are insulated on one side with a plastic gasket. You can do a bearing pick-up (with the axle points) or an axle-wiper pickup as addition options to using wipers to the wheels.

If you get them in bulk, they're about 50 cents an axle, which is a darn good deal if you ask me!

Check out Rapido interior lights - they are battery powered and do not need track power.

I converted my Con Cor Amtrak passenger cars into a Rio Grande Ski Train. The passenger cars came with plastic wheels. I want to add LED's for the interior lighting so I need metal wheels that are insulated on one side only so they can pick up power from the track. I purchased Proto 2000 metal wheels but they are insulated on both sides of the axle so I can't get track power. When I search online it is unclear in the description if they are insulated on 1 side or both sides of the axle. Any suggestions on what brand to look for?
-Art

NWSL also makes 36" wheels insulated on one side. They are also nickel plated

Back