1122 Switch Loss of Power

zipper69

I have three 1122 switches on my layout. All 3 work fine with lights, and switching mechanisms.
The one problem I have is that the straight stretch on one of them has no power at the end, thus the engine hits the dead spot and stops.
- I can run the engine into the turnout and take the curved section and all is fine, cuz power is there.
- If I go straight, I have power going in, but after the mid point, there is no power and the Engine stops.

I put the meter on the curved section and it has power, but the end of the straight section has no power.
There is power on the actual switch plate, but nothing going out from there to the straight section.

This 1122 has the outside rail, of the section where the problem is, with a gap in the rail and then 1" piece of rail that goes to the end.

Insulation pins are in proper position.

Any ideas on why or fixes??
Thanks.

Mr. Bill

I had the same problem w/a bunch of Atlas #6 turnouts a few years ago. I had to add a jumper wire from the lead in straight to the lead out straight of the switch. I had never had this problem w/Atlas before. I soldered the jumper wire. I drilled a hole in the plywood under the rail & ran the wire under the table to the other side.

Back