Search results

1. P

Beginner's tunnel portal question

Hi, all! I'm working on a tunnel scene in which a single track at a 24" radius will pass through a portal. I'm wondering what the dimensions of the opening of a commercially available two track portal are to know if it will allow my trains to pass through. Thanks!
  2. P

Another problem uploading photos

It used to be I would upload a picture from my phone to my laptop and was able to attach them to a post here. For some time the pictures uploaded from my phone are not shown as available to post here. I have to take a screenshot of the picture then upload the screenshot to my post. Does anyone...
  3. P

Knowing what's in your yard and exactly where

Of course many cars are identical looking except for the number. In yards it's often impossible to read the number on the car. I use JMRI Operations which will look for a specific car so I use my laptop desktop to know what cars are where in my yard. Makes it easier to go to work once I get my...
  4. P

HO 2 Bay Covered Hoppers For Sale or Trade

Athearn RTR and Walthers Mainline. $14 each +shipping or $75 for all 6 +shipping. Trades also considered. I'm looking for 60' Trinity covered hoppers, high cube boxcars, modern tank cars (w/out haz mat placard).
  5. P

My Experience With Sheet Cork

So I'm building my first layout and unsurprisingly am making mistakes. My mainline is on Midwest cork roadbed and I put all my yard tracks on sheet cork one can get from a Walmart, Michael's, etc... so the yard is lower lying than the main. I adhered it to the foam base with hot glue. Now I'm...
  6. P

MTS Closing its' doors

Not sure if It's been discussed somewhere here so I apologize if I'm repeating but I saw Model Train Stuff (.com) is going out of business. I don't think a date has been announced :(:(:(
  7. P

HO Single Track Sanding Tower?

I have a track in my small local yard which can hold up to two engines where fuel trucks can drive up to refuel the engines. I'm thinking a sanding tower might be a nice addition to the scene but can only find kits built for double track. Is anyone aware of a single track one or something else...
  8. P

Transitioning different ballast colors?

I'm about to start ballasting my yard and know that I want to use a different ballast than the mainline. I have two long (given layout size) sidings (A/D 1,2) which come off the main and the yard body comes off of one of those. Where would a plausible place be to change ballast? How does this...
  9. P

Cordless Airbrush?

Does anyone have any experience using a cordless airbrush for weathering? I found a review that suggests they may work alright for modeling. I'm mostly planning to use it to weather rolling stock for now. Thanks!
  10. P

Tsunami2 reverb question

I think CV 161-192 are the cvs which allow you to add reverb to a sound effect. Problem is most of these aren't labeled which sound effect they corollate with. Does anyone know what cv would allow me to add echo to the coupler sound? Somehow I figured this out on another Tsunami2 but I'm lost...
  11. P

How to "mention" someone in a post

How do I "mention" (I think that's what it's called) in a post?
  12. P

Walthes Glacier Industrial Sands

I like this kit. I like the way it looks and it will fit nicely in the space I have https://www.trainworld.com/walthers-933-4035-glacier-industrial-sands-kit.html I know nothing about how an industry like this would operate. Can someone shed a little light on things like; loaded or...
  13. P

Glue for "glass"

I'll be building a Walthers kit. I think I read that some use a different glue for the "glass" than they do for the rest of the kit. Any thoughts before I begin, folks? Thanks
  14. P

Kadee Coupler Gauge Question

I've been able to correct any rolling stock I have which have any coupler issues except for one Athearn Genesis Engine. It is very unreliable regarding coupling. I've replaced and re-installed the couplers but front and back are still unreliable. Couplers on it seem to align well with those on...
  15. P

TRACKMOBILE PULLING POWER?

So many things to do before I worry about buying a trackmobile but just curious...😄 I have a small two track industry which I think should have a trackmobile there to pull four to seven short, two bay cement hoppers. Does anyone have experience with these little guys? I guess at least some...
  16. P

Part of Flex Track Section Dead?

I had a section of a single piece of flex track suddenly stop providing power. Power resumed a few inches away on the same piece of flex track. I cleaned the track but nothing! This has happened twice in fact. Once I replaced the whole piece and that solved it. The second time was today. I...
  17. P

Utility poles

Saw these in the store recently. Wasn't sure about them but I found this They look pretty good to me. Sharing for anyone who isn't familiar with them. Now I just need a road...:)
  18. P

Wanted: HO freight cars

60' (approx.) boxcars and covered hoppers. Looking for modern cars Please reply with pics if possible. Thanks
  19. P

Don't bend your flex-track

My flex-track arrived today but I don't think it's going to work the way I want it to 🤣
  20. P

Function Mapping ????

I see some info on this in the manual and I've searched the "electronic interweb" :) but I don't have a clue. I have some engines with Tsunami2 decoders. Function 7 dims the head/rear lights and also enables cab chatter. I would like to be able to use a different function key to control light...

Back