Search results

1. J

Central of Georgia Box car

Just finished this C of G (P:48) to submit for NMRA Merit Award. Its a double wall, wood frame, ventilated car that was found in the 1902 The Railway Age publication. A fun project to build and it did receive MA at 103 points.
  2. J

Let's see your police/fire scenes

All my track is laid, all but 2 structures built, much scenery placed and now starting back around with superdetails. Looking for inspiration for some scenes. Would like to see some police and fire scenes. Thanks Jon http://www.dollhousedesigns.com/ModelRR/ModelRR.html
  3. J

dockside switcher w/dcc, snd?

Has anyone installed DCC w/snd in a dockside switcher? If so, which model and decoder? Any major problems? I'm seeking a small HO switcher for around the TT to move cars onto storage tracks. Thanks, Jon
  4. J

Amtrak auto-train??

Not sure where to post this question - Has anyone traveled the Amtrak Auto-Train from Sanford to Lorton, VA? We've scheduled a trip for June and want any pointers from a seasoned traveler. Did a search here but did not find anything. Thanks, Jon NFL
  5. J

Things that work for . . .

These forums are full of ideas and alternatives that work for or inplace of the store bought counter part. The tough part is trying to find them all - so how about a thread for that purpose?? For precision oilers - ALL - grind the point off an unused diabetic's insulin syringe. Just a couple...
  6. J

Misc details

Some details that might be fun to model -
  7. J

Plans to build HO scale picnic table

Here is a link for "traceable" plans to build a picnic table. http://www.dollhousedesigns.com/PicnicTable.pdf If anyone tries it, let me know what you think. Thanks, Jon
  8. J

Gitten a start

04-30-09 3 new buildings - after a long break, doing some scale building. 08-21-08 pix of lumber yard with shingles and rolls of tarpaper - and the explosives storage from an old Purina Checker board box car. 07-03-08 and some more pix. 06-28-08 I've added some pix - B&B Dorm and Greeley...
  9. J

NMRA 50th Anniv set???

I just acquired an HO scale, NMRA 50th Anniversary set of Alco PA1 (?) A/B and 6 passenger cars. I can't find ANYTHING on the internet about this train. Anyone have any information? Ebay doesn't even list one - unbelieveable ;o( Thanks for any info. Jon
  10. J

Control panel???

I give up :o( I'm a modeler and not a railroader therefore my search terms may not be correct. Trying to find information and pix on the layout and wiring of control panels. I found the links for signal rules - very helpful - but can't find control panel threads. I'm not using a full block...
  11. J

A question about DCC auto reversing

Can I, to save the cost of another auto reversing circuit, run two sections of track off one AR board? One section is the isolated section of a dogbone loop and the other is a turntable. It is likely that an engine will be going through the isolated dogbone section while another engine is on the...
  12. J

What is EPA

As indicated in another post, I am just getting back into HO RR. 30 years of raising kids and jobs put RR on hold. 15 years ago I passed my collection to our son to use. 3 years ago, he and his son packed it up for the same reason that I did ;o) Just got 5 boxes back - 17 locomotives - many...

Back