Search results

1. ShadowNix

Rainier and Pacific (My fictional 1950's layout)

Ok, I guess I have lurked enough, I should share my layout design. It is a fictional Union Pacific (with GN interchange) line that runs in the Pacific Northwest, near Tacoma, WA. Here is the layout...about 2/3 done with track...working on the middle yard atm. The lower right corner by the...
  2. ShadowNix

CAN motors...what do you use??

Ok, in general, starting to buy up some can motors for some projects that are up and coming...and I have noted that Sagami and Mashima are rare/no longer produced...what are people using nowadays for remotoring your brass engines? Faulhaber? Canon... and what sizes/models (in general - I know...
  3. ShadowNix

Show me your... snow shed!

Looking at building a snow shed (to hid my exit from my mainline to my workbench)... wondering what you all have done...some great old pictures, but let me see them if you feel like it! Since we are in winter, lets show pictures of those great snow sheds some of you have built! Here are...
  4. ShadowNix

Hobby Milling Machine

So I am selling my Hobie Cat angling kayak and the boss has ok'd the transfer of funds to the shop... I have been eyeing hobby milling machines for years and wondering what you all use? I was a machinist/prototype designer for a chemistry lab to help put myself thru college and dad is a CNC...
  5. ShadowNix

Portable soldering iron..which one?

Just wondering which portable soldering iron you guys use/like? My 20 year old Lenk (butane) died and sure, can just get another, but why not upgrade to something better...if you guys know of any? I prefer using a portable one for soldering joins, power and custom track work... and leaving my...

Back