Hobby Milling Machine

ShadowNix

UP and GN Modeler
So I am selling my Hobie Cat angling kayak and the boss has ok'd the transfer of funds to the shop... I have been eyeing hobby milling machines for years and wondering what you all use? I was a machinist/prototype designer for a chemistry lab to help put myself thru college and dad is a CNC programmer, so I have used/machined a fair bit but far from an expert; it has been a hot minute (like 29 years) since I have done serious machining. Looking for something to do plastics, brass, aluminum...I doubt much steel. Thoughts? The web is all over... looking in the $1500-2000 range (I can stretch a bit, but want some money for tools, add ons, etc..I would prefer to upgrade to DRO) Again, my thanks...I have been stalking the below:

Again, my thanks for your ideas/input. Hard to get opinions I trust.

i got a simple cnc machine, like 130 bucks canadian ... never looked back ...
yes you need a laptop or something for the cnc part, but it's pretty easy to do ...
an auto change toolholder adds quite a bit to the total...[i don't have one]
it will cut wood /aluminum but is pretty slow on steel, better off with with a full size milling machine for steel..

Attachments

• cncmill 006.jpg
    cncmill 006.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 47
Yikes full CNC for 130...that is a nutters buy! Way to go. Yeah I am looking more manual for now, although the CNC option would be nice...not sure I can easily get one that does it all..

Back