Search results

1. D

CN rolling out 9 axle power

Boy, was I surprised when this trailing unit showed up on the main! Does anyone have any information about it? It seems to be somewhat inspired by the DD40-AX experiment, but with three trucks and two prime movers. I wonder how long it will be before all the road units are upgraded? I guess the...
  2. D

Second HO layout

So this is my second HO layout, the first was 25 years ago. It sprang from the realization during the Covid pandemic, and having some time to sort through things, that I had most of what I needed in boxes ready to use. The room construction with exposed framing made it super easy to support the...
  3. D

Best ditch lights for Kato CP GP35

I was rummaging through my ancient purchases and found a perfect condition Kato GP-35 in narrow chevron strip, Action Red livery (used around 1970's AFAIK). It's a DC locomotive. First thought was to add sound but I'm trying to use up the good decoders I have before buying new ones, and the EMD...
  4. D

economy ballast with sand

I'm building a shelf layout, I surveyed my stock of ballast and saw how little I have, and also considered the cost (this layout is a medium detail concept, e.g. code 100 track and really basic scenery as it will be shared between children and adults). I thought I should save the good stuff for...
  5. D

Obico street running

I learned something a long time back, just when you thought railfanning was dead and boring, something proves you wrong. I never knew about the industrial spurs down in West Toronto. I work a kind of security sometimes, and while I was parked near Obico yard (what's left of it), boom! Two Candy...
  6. D

Hi everyone

Hi, I am from Canada. I model Mainland Chinese railroads now, used to be CP Rail. Mostly HO and I use DCC, but some N that I run on DC only. I am an electronics person, so I'm focusing on signaling systems right now. I'm looking to build a shelf layout.

Back