Obico street running

diesel

I learned something a long time back, just when you thought railfanning was dead and boring, something proves you wrong. I never knew about the industrial spurs down in West Toronto. I work a kind of security sometimes, and while I was parked near Obico yard (what's left of it), boom! Two Candy Apple red CPGP-38's roll in just outside the facility. I watched them work and found the radio frequency too. After work, I swung by there and found that they're actually running on street tracks (well laneway actually but still). I was able to swing my car around and just watch the show, it's cool because the mainline activity around here is extremely repetitive now. Sorry, no pictures because cameras are not allowed at all in the facility. I have way too many shots anyway. :)

If you are unable to get photos, noting the engines unit number would help. I'd like to look it up, so I can see what you are seeing out east.

Lead engine was 3117, I do have location shots which I will post later...
[edit]
IMG_20201028_074516.jpg

They worked the Mactier subdivision Monday and came back last night. 4407 trailing.

Last edited:
Ah like a dummy I didn't shoot the actual street tracks because I became obsessed with the "grease plant" (brakeman's words). I often shoot locations that might help with structure modelling. My understanding is that it processes waste grease/oil for recycling.

Attachments

• IMG_20201018_083435.jpg
    IMG_20201018_083435.jpg
    448.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_20201018_075003.jpg
    IMG_20201018_075003.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 149
saw these units waddling down the track to home base after a day of working out in Wildwood area on Sat.
IMG_1043.JPG
IMG_1044.JPG
IMG_1045.JPG

Back