Search results

1. J

Need Suggestion on installing a bridge

I have all my tracked layed and I am installing a bridge over a river. My question is, Does any one have an suggestions on how to build supports to hold the bridge up? My lay out is in N scale and 1950 era. I was thinking a stone pattern would work. My river is cut into 1" foam board. I have...
  2. J

Glueing Code 55 Track to Cork

I am currently constructing my lay out. I have layed my track down and marked my table. I removed the track and glued down my cork road bed. I lightly sanded the top of the cork road bed to make sure everything was flat, I have reassembled my track on top of the cork road bed and pinned in...
  3. J

GP9 in C&O

I would like to find a GP9 with the C&O road name in N scale. So far I have had no luck. My plan is to buy a undercorated unit and paint it to match the C&O paint scheme from the late 1950's. I have found a few old photos, but they are not the best to use to lay out color. I know we are only...
  4. J

Flex Track Question

I was on the forum yesterday with electrical questions. Thanks to all the help, I have decided on how many and where to place my feeder wires. Last night, I rethought the type of track I will use. Originally I was going to use Kato Unitrack. I have changed my mind, and will now use Atlas code...
  5. J

Kato Unitrack Finishing

I am in the process building my first N scale layout. The lay out will be 31" x 72". It is small in size, but I hope to add alot of scenery and detail. I built this lay out to learn and work on my building skills, before starting a large lay out. I chose KATO Unitrack because it looked pretty...
  6. J

Two N Scale Scenery Question

Hi to all, I have two questions inregards to N scale Scenery: 1. How wide should I make my roads on my layout? 2. How large of opening should a tunnel have fro N Scale? Any help you could give, will be apprecieated. Thank You
  7. J

Basic Wiring Question

I am completely new to model railroading. I have been reading and learnig from this forum for a few weeks. I decided it was time to join. I am currently building a small 32" x 72" N scale layout. It is a basic loop with a passing track. The passing track starts in the back 9 " in from the curve...

Back