GP9 in C&O

jetmech

I would like to find a GP9 with the C&O road name in N scale.
So far I have had no luck.
My plan is to buy a undercorated unit and paint it to match the C&O paint scheme from the late 1950's.
I have found a few old photos, but they are not the best to use to lay out color.
I know we are only talking blue and yellow, but the photo I have are of heavely rusted and deteriated engines.
I was wondering if any one could suggest a source of good diagrams for C&O engines, and a recomendation on a good engine manufacturer to purchase a undecorated unit from. This will be my first N scale engine, and I would like to get a good quality one.
My track will be Atlas code 55 and I do want to run DCC.

UP2CSX (Jim)

Thanks for the pictures, they are much better than the one's I have.
This will be a great help.

Jetmech (Todd)

Being a Chessie and pre-Chessie System fan and amateur, I can't say for sure, but I do have some Floquil C&O Enchantment Blue...Seems to be the best color for B&O and C&O equipment...Not too sure if that is in fact the correct color, but it really gives off a very nice, but old lookin washed out blue to engines like that! Hope that helps! Also, about the N scale GP9, like UP2CSX said, Atlas does make a very nice GP9 and GP7...I thought they did make one in N scale...Maybe just HO...:confused: BTW: I work on aircraft too, what do you work on? Just curious...

-Rich

Thanks Wongsing (Rich)
I will check out Atlas engines. I will also pick up some Floquil Enchantment Blue.
I work on Hawker 800XP and Gulfstream GV.

Todd

Oh ok...Alittle different from what I do then. I work on AH-64D's (Apache Longbow) Pretty neat, but probably alittle of a pain in the ass than a jet...;)

-Rich

Back