Search results

1. J

Need Suggestion on installing a bridge

I have all my tracked layed and I am installing a bridge over a river. My question is, Does any one have an suggestions on how to build supports to hold the bridge up? My lay out is in N scale and 1950 era. I was thinking a stone pattern would work. My river is cut into 1" foam board. I have...
  2. J

Basic Wiring Question

Hi DaytonPiquaRR, I did go to the show on Sunday 11/4/2007 and I will be going to the December show. Thanks for saying hello.
  3. J

Glueing Code 55 Track to Cork

I am currently constructing my lay out. I have layed my track down and marked my table. I removed the track and glued down my cork road bed. I lightly sanded the top of the cork road bed to make sure everything was flat, I have reassembled my track on top of the cork road bed and pinned in...
  4. J

GP9 in C&O

Thanks Wongsing (Rich) I will check out Atlas engines. I will also pick up some Floquil Enchantment Blue. I work on Hawker 800XP and Gulfstream GV. Todd
  5. J

GP9 in C&O

UP2CSX (Jim) Thanks for the pictures, they are much better than the one's I have. This will be a great help. Jetmech (Todd)
  6. J

GP9 in C&O

I would like to find a GP9 with the C&O road name in N scale. So far I have had no luck. My plan is to buy a undercorated unit and paint it to match the C&O paint scheme from the late 1950's. I have found a few old photos, but they are not the best to use to lay out color. I know we are only...
  7. J

Flex Track Question

Thanks SpaceMouse, CP9302, and Trucula. I like the idea of using caulk to hold the track down. I assume you are applying a small bead of caulking and spreading very thin with a putty knife. Is the cauking tacky enought to hold the track in place, or do you need to pin it over night. How much...
  8. J

Flex Track Question

I was on the forum yesterday with electrical questions. Thanks to all the help, I have decided on how many and where to place my feeder wires. Last night, I rethought the type of track I will use. Originally I was going to use Kato Unitrack. I have changed my mind, and will now use Atlas code...
  9. J

Kato Unitrack Finishing

I am in the process building my first N scale layout. The lay out will be 31" x 72". It is small in size, but I hope to add alot of scenery and detail. I built this lay out to learn and work on my building skills, before starting a large lay out. I chose KATO Unitrack because it looked pretty...
  10. J

Basic Wiring Question

Thanks NickB and Spacemaouse. From what I am gathering there is no formula for feeders. You need to take in consideration joints, age and corrsion and proper construction methods. Is it safe to say, with in limits, adding to many feeders will not hurt the train or track? I also think that...
  11. J

Basic Wiring Question

Thanks NickB, I added this to my favorets and I can see how this is going to answer alot of my questions.
  12. J

Two N Scale Scenery Question

Hi to all, I have two questions inregards to N scale Scenery: 1. How wide should I make my roads on my layout? 2. How large of opening should a tunnel have fro N Scale? Any help you could give, will be apprecieated. Thank You
  13. J

Basic Wiring Question

Thanks for all the responce. If I am understanding, I should be ok with 2 to 4 bus lines around the loop and passing. Would it hurt anything to drop a bus line from each of the 2 spurs? I am using KATO unitrack at this point. This small track is being used for me to learn on. I do plan on...
  14. J

Basic Wiring Question

I am completely new to model railroading. I have been reading and learnig from this forum for a few weeks. I decided it was time to join. I am currently building a small 32" x 72" N scale layout. It is a basic loop with a passing track. The passing track starts in the back 9 " in from the curve...

Back