Search results

1. G

Train Collection buyers

Those collection buyers are going to pay you much less than your stuff is worth because they are like dealing with a car dealer they want to make a profit. Depending on what you are selling try EBAY or HOYARDSALE at yahoo groups.
  2. G

SD9043Mac project

Hello, Scalecoat 2 Harbour Mist Gray comes in an 8 ounce spray can and it covers very nicely if you want to try it. You can order it from Walthers or I have ordered it from Caboose hobbies. Regards, Dave Dane
  3. G

Sunrise Enterprises?

What parts are you looking for? I have some Sunrise stuff I may be able to part with Dave Dane
  4. G

Detial parts

Hello, I have had the best luck ordering my parts from caboose hobbies in Denver. Regards, Dave Dane
  5. G

Model Railcraft Supply Depot

Hello, I have used them in the past and always had good results. But it has been a while.
  6. G

Weekly Photo Fun 4-24/4-30

Josh, Lets see the awesome detail work on the B units pilots:) And yes there will be some warning labels afixed. Nice work Dave Dane
  7. G

Did I get a good deal?

Guys I have a few OMI items that I bought in the nineties and the last OMI I bought was a DRGW SW1200 for 650.00 so I have retired from brass with the exception of cabooses and MOW items the prices are way out there now especially with the quality of the plastic models for a whole lot less cash...
  8. G

Did I get a good deal?

Hello, Tell me if you think I got a deal. OMI Brass SP GP60 undecorated for 170.00 which includes shipping. Seems to good to be true. I was shocked that I won the auction.:confused: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190300163514 Regards...
  9. G

1/87th Vehicles

Ouengr, I agree that the River Point Station F-350s are better than the Trident. In fact I bought a couple. My era that I am trying to model is mid to late 80s. But with all the exceptional current era stuff coming out why not model a little modern era too? I am hoping that River Point...
  10. G

1/87th Vehicles

Hello, Here is a DRGW Hi-rail truck I put together with a Trident truck,Details west Hi-rail detail kit and a Plano headache rack. Sorry its a little blurry I will shoot a couple more.:o Regards, Dave Dane
  11. G

Weekend foto fun 16-17-18... Almost time for turkey!

Hello, Here is a DRGW wreckmaster flat I have been working on as time allows. I am just getting my photobucket skills figured out so be patient.
  12. G

Why Brass

The added detail is the driving factor. I would be suprised if someone bought brass for the weight factor. The reason I have bought brass is strictly to get quality models of certain prototypes.
  13. G

Why Brass

Hello, I have a fair sized brass collection but have not bought a brass locomotive since 2006. I do buy brass cabooses and have some brass MOW cars but now with the quality of plastic locomotive offerings from Athearn, Atlas, Kato etc. etc. I probably will not shell out the large amount of...
  14. G

impack spine cars...

Hello, The spine cars were not done in a Trailer Train brown as far as I have seen in my research:confused: . If you want a brown spine SP or SSW are your best bet.
  15. G

impack spine cars...

List, The Athearn Impack cars are a good prototype for the first Spine cars designed by the AT&SF. I believe that Impack bought the design from the Santa Fe and sold cars to BN,SSW, SP and others. I have some undecs stashed so I can do a set of 10pack FuelFoilers for the Santa Fe. They...
  16. G

Intermodel prices?

I beg to differ on the Athearn intermodal cars being less detailed than the A-line cars. The new Maxi 1 cars from Athearn are incredibly well detailed with train lines, etched walkways,grab irons ect. ect. I have built a few A-line cars and they are nice but if you want etched walkways grab...
  17. G

soldering brass

Dougcnup, The Micro Mark Brake press looks to be the ticket. Thanks
  18. G

Athearn Maxi II running tips

Hello, I know you have probably thought of this but you do not want to have any weights in the top containers. Also if the cars are leaning and the bolsters are flat maybe you need to make some adjustments on your truck mounting screws. Hope you get it worked out...
  19. G

soldering brass

Josh, I am not picturing this clamp in my mind. Gotta picture? I have a set of each of Alans spine cars to build. Guess I will CA them as well. I used a regular solder pencil for my Custom Finishing Burro crane brass boom with good results but those long seams on the Spine cars are a...
  20. G

New Model Manufacturer New PS 4740

Guys, I ponied up the cash and bought 1 BN and 1 FGDA hopper from Tangent. I have a stack of kits to build so decided to work some extra overtime in order to splurge for decorated ready to run models. I recieved the models fast and let me say that they are awesome. The details are so...

Back