Search results

1. T

How many prefer to buy DCC equipped vs. DCC ready?

Personally I have no issue with saving a bit of money and installing the decoder myself. Typically you save about $40-50 and the Digitrax decoders I buy from Yankeedabbler are about $25-26 dollars so I'm ahead about $15-20 or so. This buys another car or most of another decoder. I have done a...
  2. T

Since when did M.B. Klein become so slow?

I placed an order early Monday morning and they still have not shipped it...what gives??? This is pretty unusual for them but I find there are complaints of this all over the web now. Anyone else had issues recently?
  3. T

A new layout any ideas welcome

So I tore my old layout down 4 years ago because of life changes and now I have decided I would like another one especially since I'm pretty happy with a nice collection of rolling stock and locomotives. I managed to Ebay much of my Chessie System stuff which is now disappointing to me since...
  4. T

Would like suggestions for folding legs or other portability options

Greetings everyone! I will be starting my 2nd layout very soon and have decided upon a typical 4X8 N scale layout based on 1X4 gridwork with a 2" foam board as the surface this keeps the weight down and should make it portable. What I would like is options for folding legs so I can move this...
  5. T

Hornby by Arnold locomotives

Greetings folks. I am just getting back into the hobby after a 4 year hiatus and will be building a 2nd layout very soon. I keep seeing these low cost Arnold/Hornby locomotives that are DCC ready and I am wondering about the quality. I assume they are Chinese made like most model railroad...

Back