Search results

1. A

HELP! athearn gen sd-70M

so, I just got the athearn genesis sd-70M I got off ebay in today. lovely model... the amount of details included is astounding. but I cant get the damn shell off... what gives? I am trying the squeeze and pull method per the directions, but the bugger isnt budging. I hope the PO didnt glue it.
  2. A

post pictures of your engine service facilities!!

lets see whats out there! fuel, sand, water, terminals, and houses... I need some inspiration! model style!
  3. A

this may even be a better deal than the last!

okay, I am once again looking for someone to tell me I made as good a purchase as I think I did... what do you guys think... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180106968873
  4. A

was this as good a deal as I think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=005&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=150111384919&rd=1&rd=1 what do you guys think? I'm pretty happy with the purchase... I just hope its as good a deal as I thought.
  5. A

questions for UP modelers...

first, what would you guys I get for a good mid end steamer to pull some heavyweights I have? nothing huge like a big boy, and my budget isnt huge either... but I would like something nice to haul them. second, what do you guys do about color missmatching between brands? and for that matter...
  6. A

ranking loco's quality by manufacturer...

if someone could just give me a qick crash course here on the various manufacturers quality levels from bottom to top, bottoming at athearn BB's and topping with, lets say overland brass models, and a quick couple or few reasons why on each... for instance, here is my experiance as of now...
  7. A

what pulled the UP Gray smoothsides?

anyone know what pulled the union pacific smoothside passenger cars with the two tone gray scheme? or have pictures to the particular train they belonged to? thanks for the help all!
  8. A

prob a stupid question, but...

can one use two entirely different dcc control systems on the same layout? i mean, suppost I wanted a decent system for programing and stuff, but also wanted something simple to rule over a yard, say. if this can be accomplished, what would need to be done to do it?
  9. A

MRC opinions?

okay, two questions, and thanks in advance to all who take the time to answer... MRC DCC systems... the good, the bad and the ugly if you please. all opinions on the system welcome. specifically MRC prodigy advanced. second, are the functions for things like load simulation and momentum...

Back