Search results

1. C

HO scale speedometer

I am looking at HO scale speedometers, there are a few different brands out there the MRT Accutrack, SpeedTrak by Toth Electronics, and the MTS model at Brachus. I was wondering if anyone has any of these models and some input of what you think, thanks.
  2. C

18" radius turns WT&^%$^&%$&^%$#&

Is anyone sick of buying a new loco and when you get it in the mail it can’t make it around an 18" radius turn? I just got an Intermountain SD40-2 loco in today and I put it on my test track to program it up and go on around the track and it derails in the turn, wtf. I have bigger six axle locos...
  3. C

steam locos?

I am fixing to get into steam logos as I have never had one. Can anyone help me to go in the right direction. I like the big ones 4884 big boy and I like the shady just don't know what direction to in first thanks
  4. C

truck problems Bowser c630m

Has anyone ever had problems with the trucks on a Bowser c630m loco? The trucks do not have enough turning travel to make a 18" turn. I have several larger units that can make that turn at wide open speed. Also when I took the thing apart the trucks dont go back together as they should wheel...
  5. C

LED's and 470 ohm resistors

I am hooking up a reverse light in a trainline gp9m and I tried it with and without the resitor and it worked both ways I also tried it on a 12v power supply both was and it also worked. I went ahead and put the resistor just to be safe. Also the gp9m has tsunami 1000. Thanks.
  6. C

laptop power supply

Is it possible to use a laptop power supply to boost track amps to what ever the supply is rated for? I have the nce power cab w/ the 2 amp supply. I have several laying around no being used thanks.
  7. C

turntables which one?

I am looking at turntables and roundhouses and would like some input of the pros and cons on the different units avalable thanks. This is an edit I am going with a transfer table I am not into steam and am modeling current in ho. The only one I see is the one in Walthers by Cornerstone are there...
  8. C

hello from nola

New to the forum decided to build a layout lost my last stuff when Katrina took everything glad to be here

Back