truck problems Bowser c630m

Cobra GT

Has anyone ever had problems with the trucks on a Bowser c630m loco? The trucks do not have enough turning travel to make a 18" turn. I have several larger units that can make that turn at wide open speed. Also when I took the thing apart the trucks dont go back together as they should wheel slop etc. There solution is to glue the truck faces wtf what happens when I need to take them apart again. Also the turning is due to the drive gear box hitting on the chassis. That is an easy fix by just filing a radius in the chassis to give the extra clearance. This my first Bowser loco and I hope all of there units have the same drive gear box, wheel/axle, chassis, & power pick up because it really sucks. I will be calling Bowser tomorrow and up date what they said. Any input tonight would be appreciated. Thanks. Peace.

These are the biggest Centuries Alco made, and minimum radius is 22". You can probably coax them down to 20", but not only will it look ridiculous on 18", it will never track reliably. Even if you somehow got it to run on 18", the pilot overhang for the couplers would almost certainly drag the first car of a train off the rails in turns.

I cut the tabs off that we're binding on the frame. I don't know if you can get that big six axle loco to bend around an 18" radius.

Back