Search results

1. CSXMATT

Prototype Genset? Need help I.D. Engine

Spotted this odd engine this morning near Cin-Day Rd in West Chester, OH. The engine has no markings other than the number board of 2017. Looked like a mash up of 4 different engines. Any ideas?? Why jump on the bandwagon, when you can ride the Short Bus?
  2. CSXMATT

M.O.W. rolling stock & accessories

Besides Lionel, has any other manufacturer released any M.O.W. stuff? I want to make a train, but was unsure if most of it will need scratch built.
  3. CSXMATT

Todays project

Took my Lionel BN covered hopper and weathered it a bit. Still need to weather the roof, but looks good enough for now.
  4. CSXMATT

Possible ground issue?

Having some issues. I tried to relocate my mth power lock ons to a more discreet spot. I kept them both on their correct sides, but now my outer loop isnt powered? Only when a car makes contact between the inner switch does it make contact. Obviously a ground issue somewhere, but how do I trace...
  5. CSXMATT

Engine won't move, poor DCS signal

Still trying to figure this one out. My layout is s 5x8 double loop . I am using all MTH brand components, DCS commander, mth 12 pin spiltter, mth realtrax with 3 power terminals. Now before tonight, my train would run on either track no problem. I just hooked up my 3 buildings & 1 yard light...
  6. CSXMATT

MTH real trax switch issue

Hope this hasn't been asked a million times before. If so, Mods please close and delete. I have a 5x8 layout currently running a double loop with a small rail yard. Everything works well, and I have constant track power throughout with a strong DCS signal. Only thing is, on one of my inner...
  7. CSXMATT

MTH Proto 3 engine won't work

I have a MTH Dash-8 Proto 3 engine that all of the sudden stopped working. It was running well, and all of the sudden started to hesitate and shudder. My DCS commander flashed the engine number, "poor signal". The engine shut down, and now won't restart. Do these get out of sync like the older...
  8. CSXMATT

Correct wiring for multiple MTH switches

I had a question about my current layout and the switches that I have hooked up. I am running MTH real tracks in a double loop configuration, and I am having issues with the inner switches working properly. The inner switches have power, and light up. My question is, why would they make a...
  9. CSXMATT

Noob from ohio

Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and make an introduction thread. My name is Matt, I am 31 years old and I am finally starting to build my O gauge layout. I have a mix of Lionel, and MTH engines and rolling stock. I only have space for a 5x8 in my basement, but that is fine with me. I am...

Back