Search results

1. B

trying to decide on If I should switch to On30

Hello. So I am debating on what my new layout will be. What I enjoy most in the hobby is scratch building structures out of wood. and wood kits. I Have a modern switching layout that i use for my modern desiels and rolling stock. While it scratches the itch of things modern. It doesn't really...
  2. B

Corrugated Cardboard how or would You use it?

Hey all, So I was wondering, I have 5/8" thick corrugated cardboard, sitting in a shed, they are roughly 4'x4' sheets, I have around 50 or more sheets of this stuff. never truely counted. This stuff is super rigid. This has lead me to think how can I use this for my layout. I just finished my...
  3. B

Need help on switch stand placement.

Where Would the switch stand be on this turnout? It would of been used in the Pennsylvania railroad, last used might of been around the late 50's to early 70s. This line was always a spur and ended maybe less than a 1/4 mile to the right of photo. Now it ends only a few hundred feet since the...
  4. B

Wiring a layout

Hey everyone. So my first time wiring DCC, I am modeling a freelance Industrial spur in Ho scale. layout is 20' long, 18" wide mostly. I will post a pic of my track plan if it lets me. the "mainline" will be code 83, all my sidings will be code 70. I have 1 run around track. to join the code 70...
  5. B

quick disconnect.

Hey everyone Ok this isn't for a layout. But Model railroading is one of my hobbies. and When it comes to wires and modules I figured I would ask here for my project. so Please any help will be Deeply Appreciated. OK so my Projest is I am redoing my 240g aquarium stand, (while the tank is up...
  6. B

Need layout design idea's.

Hey y'all, I Need help designing a layout. I have sorta writers (designer) block. What I am looking to do is HO scale Logging/Mining layout. I have even contemplated doing On30. I will be scratch building everything. and hand laying my own track. My layout is going to be a shelf layout on 3...
  7. B

Benchwork help...

Hi All, After a long time of being away from the hobby, I have decided i want to build a N scale layout. The reason for N is Space of course. As i would rather be In HO. :D But i don't have a lot of space. So i am deciding on building modular layouts. where i can take it apart and store it when...

Back