Search results

1. gregind

WPF 1/3 to 1/9/14

All looks good guys! You know Logandsawman, people will complain about the older BB Athearn but man they can pull and if you know how to tweak them a little they just RUN! And the price usually cant be beat! I am working on detailing an old Gp9 and I know the scale is a little off but I...
  2. gregind

Indianapolis West Side Area Model Railroaders

There is Cintrack --- they are a modular N Scale group that is in indy, pretty big and they do some amazing stuff they usually show up at most of the local train shows (I expect to see them in Noblesville Jan 24) .. if only i worked in N-Scale ... although iI'e thought of joining a cople of...
  3. gregind

WPF 1/3 to 1/9/14

That's really good...perfect start! I'm just working on a detail of a loco...its not perfect (i used a Athearn BB , mainly for cost reasons...plus it needed...something...) anyway it's an old project on the bench but I have resolved to actually finsih something this year!!! If you...
  4. gregind

Howdy from Indy

I'm here, north of indy! Good find on the foam! I have been dying to build a layout but just got the space last year. Then this year family expansions have put a small pause on the layout plans. Luckily there is a train show this weekend to tide me over!! Welcome to the forums!
  5. gregind

Bringing my Tyco stuff into t 21st century

Get a coupler gauge it will help you line things up...at least it helps me. I have a small peice of track mounted on a board with a coupler gauge attached so I can line things up. Each car is a little different but with the tyco stuff I have found that short centerset works most of the time...
  6. gregind

Greyhound Scenic Cruiser

Top Notch! Thats great!
  7. gregind

Bringing my Tyco stuff into t 21st century

Finally something I have experience in! Sometimes you just got to love some of the unique stuff Tyco did put out. I've done it all! Replaced the couplers inside the Tyco "talgo" trucks and changed out the wheels. I have also mounted standard coupler boxes and trucks. You need Kadee kits...
  8. gregind

Wpf 1/25 - 1/31

As usual everyone has great work... I've been reading mostly, not posting since I didnt have a place for a layout...Now I do! So let it begin.... :) On that note I went to the local show last Sunday and picked up a few good locos at a pretty good price even for athearn BB. The B&O is...
  9. gregind

Weekend Photo Fun 11-14/11-17

Finally Great Job this week to everyone!! I finished my first conversions and did a couple more. Here is the Coke Car I have another that is done too. All that is needed is some wieghts and a little weathering to take out that shine! I did this former AHM Shell Triple Dome Car...It...
  10. gregind

Weekend Photo Fun 11-7/11-10

Great Work Guys! Man I need a layout! Heres my small contribution. First here is my organized workbench. Don't you just love my drying stand! (Or Drill Press if the occasion calls for it!) I finally got to the hobby shop and picked up a new tap! Im locking this one away! That...
  11. gregind

weekend photofun 24-26 October 08

Great Pics John...How did you create the tarp? Love that tank Steve!
  12. gregind

weekend photofun 24-26 October 08

Great Stuff Guys...I am always amazed in this thread. Well it may not be much but I am finally working on projects for my "layout" if I ever get there! Now I know this is not "prototype" but in my layout that I am planning it will be mostly prototype but I also gotta add some humor and...
  13. gregind

Help on Passenger Car Model

Thanks guys. It looks as this is going to have to be put on the "shelf" for now. Thanks for the advice I think I'm going to end up trying to find a car that resembles it and either modify the windows or just detail the outside and leave it. Thanks to all.... BTW...How could I go about...
  14. gregind

Help on Passenger Car Model

Ok like I need another project!! I'm in the middle of converting acouple of old Athearn F-Units that I rebuilt (they are quiet and run fairly smooth now) I am converting them to be the NS Corporate engines I know their is a model of them now buyt when I started there wasn't dang it and I had...
  15. Just something i did in my spare time

Just something i did in my spare time

Don't care if you care just wanted to see what you guys thought...these were a couple of HO Vehicles that had seen much better days. So I repainted one of them(primer) to make it look like a "project car"...added color to the headlights and tailights and then wrote on the...
  16. gregind

A couple of Indiana Railroading Questions

Thanks for the link... Thanks for the links man, I've never seen that site. That's great , now does any one have any pics of IPL Coal Hoppers?
  17. gregind

A couple of Indiana Railroading Questions

Hey I'm new and live in indiana so the railroads im mostly intereasted in are the NS, NKP, CSX, etc... any way my wife and I were driving through southern indiana and I got a couple of ideas first I'd like to work on a hopper painted for IPL, I know I may have to paint it and make a custom decal...
  18. gregind

vehicles??

I am "new" to this hobby and being a modeler of cars before this i agree that the scales llok "off" to me but as it was said earlier, its YOUR layout!! The beauty of the hobby (and attraction) for me is in the creativity and freedom to create a world and railroad this is your own.
  19. gregind

Help with Grass

Hey there I am very new to the scenery aspect of the hobby and am currently living in a apartment with NO room for a layout but I have begun to collect locos, rolling stock, etc for when I do have enough space. I also model 1/24th scale cars and this year got a REVELL BigBoy Plastic model for...
  20. gregind

Newbie needs help with F7

Curator - nice job and that is about whatI am planning but I also have thought about adding some stryrene in the cab area and a driver. It wouldn't look great but I think it would add a lot to the model, also I found a place that sells the vents on the sides pressed in metal for about 6.00...

Back