Search results

1. R

Some Updates

Guys, I have been flat out setting up parts this month. All 25 versions of hoods are completely programmed and will start running today. I lost a week due to a chiller leak and tool setter malfunction on top of the wait for materials. There is enough plastic to do 25 sheets, 9 kits per...
  2. R

Fuel Tanks

Guys, I set up our fuel tanks this weekend. The new format is a machined metal tank with plastic end plates. This is the 4000 US GAL version as applicable to the SD40-2w. With no hard tooling limitless versions are possible. Thanks, Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model Prototypes Inc...
  3. R

N Scale Dash 2 EMD/GMDD Hoods

Guys, If you are following my hood sides release in HO scale, is there any interest in an N scale product? I will add more detail due to lack of add on components such doors, ect? Let me know, I can have something ready to ship in a few weeks time. Christopher Howard, Railflyer Model...
  4. R

Ho scale hood sides

Guys, A new project we've got in production are hood sides for EMD/GMDD locomotives. Here are test samples for the SD38/40/45-2 Clean Air Room roof. This is a 3D milled styrene project. The roof section will have the correct radius, drilled holes, and all plate detail, features including...
  5. R

New Hood Sides

Guys, Going into production this week with our Datron M7HP are these 3D machined hood sides. They are 0.040" Styrene with pockets to accept either Cannon or Railflyer components. They include the roof sections for both the clean air room and radiator. All bolt, weld seams, and plate...
  6. R

Railflyer Updates

Guys, A few things like the meter base (3 wire) and additional odds and ends increased the wiring costs but after today, everything is covered. Now its on to design fees for the electronics ($3000 pays up the balance and gets prototypes in hand for testing), and we need two sets of inserts...
  7. R

Production Updates

Hello, I am pleased to announce some major updates on our on-site manufacturing ability and a significant change in our business model. Due to serious problems with our ability to quickly run jobs to our expected quality with chemical machined products such as our photo-etched metal, we...
  8. R

HO Product Line Updates

Guys, We’re working on rewiring the shop to resolve electrical issues we’ve had since July. The work scope keeps changing but as of today, it’s figured out and we can move forward. This will start getting injection mold inserts ready for new stuff once the work is completed. The PCB’s for...
  9. R

Business Update

Guys, Thank you for the support while we reorganize our business from using contractors for our machining and tooling to being able to do the work ourself at our Ayr, Ontario location. We have a 24 sale posted, to kick off the fall. The CNC is up and working, we have a formal contract...
  10. R

Update

Guys, Just a quick update, things have been gangbuster’s busy with our new on site tooling and machining integration but I want to say that our Datron arrived in Toronto tonight, we’ll be clearing it tomorrow and have it in our shop Friday. Here is some video if you don’t know what I am...
  11. R

Updates 06/22/2012

Guys, Here are some updates on our various projects. On-site Machining & Mould Tooling – Our new CNC is on the water and will be here in about 15 – 18 days. We also just settled on our CAM package. Evan and I are starting training on it ASAP. We will be able to do hyper accurate quotes...
  12. R

LED Video

Guys, Here are the LED's under DC operation. http://youtu.be/zeQtau-g10I You can see the warm white, neutral white, and red SMD402 LED's here. With a 0.5MM X 1.0MM footprint, they are small and will fit in most applications. We sell them in Pre-Wired as well. Once Don get's a...
  13. R

Week Starting 06/10/2012

Week Starting 06/10/2012 Traction Motors This past week we filled all outstanding RP25/88 40” traction motor back orders. We have another 15 P87 40” traction motors going out tomorrow. A second batch of P87 is in progress to catch up. As of this point, we have 11 RP25/88 40”...
  14. R

Non-Sound Wireless / Battery MCU is here, Sound version ready

Guys, The test samples for the Non-Sound Wireless / Battery MCU system are all here! We can now move to the final programming, and layout testing of the digital control system. The test components include everything here for the full ZigBee Wireless/Battery control system. Most of...
  15. R

Paint Batches 3 & 4

Paint - Released Batch #3 (June 2012) 2011-0004 FRA Reflective White 2011-0005 FRA Reflective Yellow 2011-0006 FRA Redlective Red 2011-0018 CSX New Blue 2011-0019 CSX New Gold 2011-0023 GOT Green 2011-0030 UP Yellow 2011-0031 UP Grey 2011-0039 MILW Orange Batch #4 (July...
  16. R

On-site tooling/machining and electrical updates

Guys, On-site Tooling and Machining Our payment for the Daytron CNC Center is going out today. This brings on site injection mold tooling and machining. We have a number of new machined products ready to run when our trainer arrives in July/August. There are seven snow plows, and a...
  17. R

Some product images & MCU system updates

Evan Kayahara built this undec Kato unit using a bunch of our parts. The roof was reworked with our DP 6600 Sinclair Antenna which are photo-etched multi-layer products. http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa329/RFMP_2005/9122-a.jpg SD9043MAC using our DP 6205 Pillow Blocks and DP 6216...
  18. R

Update - 05/19/2012

Guys, Here are some updates on various items for the week starting May 20th, 2012. Paint: The second batch shipped to all orders, the released colors have images posted of the paint swatches. The third batch is due in the first week of June. 2011-0004 FRA Reflective White...
  19. R

Paint Batch #2

Guys, This batch is now in stock, here are the colours and descriptions. 2011-0007 Machine Grey - used for hood components 2011-0008 Interior Beige - used for inside cab and hood 2011-0024 BN Green - Burlington Nothern green, use with our white and/or black 2011-0022 CR Blue -...
  20. R

Stan's Railflyer GP38AC progress

DP 6014, DP 6328 Engineer's Side DP 6200 end view DP 6014, DP 6051, DP 6182, DP 1089, DP 6099 DP 6014 DP 6190, DP 6440 Rear conductor's view DP 6205, DP 6215, DP 6216 Side view, you'll never see this with RTR Front conductor's view...

Back