Search results

1. bn_1970

BN's revenge loco.

Here's the SP.
  2. bn_1970

BN's revenge loco.

I created this in Photoshop. The railings do not look good, but you get the idea. I'm thinking of having something like this custom painted. I wish the merger occured this way:D Later I'll do a SP revenge loco-a UP with the SP "renumber patch".
  3. bn_1970

Difference between U23c and U25c?

Huh? I thought the older locos required soldering and milling out part of the frame for DCC encoder installation??
  4. bn_1970

MT trucks and code 55 track compatibility?

I'm about to order 10 pairs of Micro Trains roller bearing trucks 00325031 (1030-10-B). Will they work with code 55 track? The club I'm with is going to build free-mo modules for taking to shows.
  5. bn_1970

my first over and under video,Leeds,AL

Very cool! Yep.
  6. bn_1970

Thanks Dan. After reading your post, I looked again and noticed the differences. Has Atlas recently made a u33 or u36 that's DCC ready?
  7. bn_1970

Hello from Houston Texas.

One U30c got here Monday-the others were a seperate order. They'll be here next Mon. Tuesday night I ran it at the clubhouse and ran so good. Hopefully all the locos I will choose in the future will be Kato:D
  8. bn_1970

Here. http://www.modelrailroadforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25226
  9. bn_1970

In the near future I plan on getting a NP loco to add to my early 70s BN. But it looks like there's almost nothing available in Kato or Atlas NP. So it will probably be a custom paint deal. Kato has U23c's available and the NP had U25c but no U23. I saw a few phots of the prototypes, but do not...
  10. bn_1970

Club N scale layout pics.

Thanks Pete. No I do not have any other photos or video-just joined the club 2 weeks ago and do not have a video camera. You did a better job on the moonlight than I did. I converted to B&W in the camera. With my very old Photoshop Elements 2.0, you can get strange shades of gray and loss of...
  11. bn_1970

Doug Shea's D&J line

Nice photos. The last two really rock.
  12. bn_1970

Club N scale layout pics.

Tonight was lots of fun-running trains, photographing, decorating the clubhouse for Christmas. Here are a few pics. The BN U30C is mine and the CNW belongs to a club member. Overcast light(no flash). The early morning/late evening sun was done with the flash mounted off camera and an amber...
  13. bn_1970

Do these refrigeration cars fit the plan?

Thanks Airslide. Yes you're right-the most important thing is to have fun. I'm not going to be TOO picky about dates. If something is within a couple or even a few years of what I want to model, I'll probably get it if that's what I like. But I'm very curious of when those orange BN cars were...
  14. bn_1970

DUPX 12405 scratched 8 axle tanker

Excellent job on that one.
  15. bn_1970

Is your layout too big?

I'm not even going to start a layout at home-the club's is fine with me.
  16. bn_1970

Atlas Silver Dash 8-40C: Big & Stinky

Very nice! The weathering looks great.
  17. bn_1970

Information on Burlington Northern

Hi Pete. Those Athern F45's are nice! Do they have the Tsunami sound? I wanted a pair, but do to the cost, I ended up getting the Kato BN U30C's.
  18. bn_1970

Hi LoudMusic. No photos yet. I ordered a pair of Kato BN U30Cs and a pair of GN big sky blue SD45s, but they're not here yet. I have some rolling stock from my brief stint in model RRing a long time ago. However, I'm a photography nut so expect some photos posted as soon as I can!
  19. bn_1970

Do these refrigeration cars fit the plan?

I plan on doing an early-mid '70s BN train. I could not find much info at all on these R-70-20's. I'm sure the GN will be ok, but what about the Tropicana and orange BN? Are they compatible with the dates I plan to model? Thanks in advance guys.

Back