Search results

1. C

Is anyone planning a Husky or Maxi-IV intermodal car release?

I also found out recently that Athearn's Husky release is pushed back to January 20th. In fact, both the Husky cars and the sd45t-2 have been pushed back to that date. But that does mean i will get my kodachrome and my well cars on the same day hopefully! The only crappy side is they wre...
  2. C

Holy affordable prices, Batman!

That's nice to hear! We've been planning a trip to Chicago for quite some time, may have to add it to my list of places to go.
  3. C

Holy affordable prices, Batman!

Hopefully this isn't a "going out of business sale"...
  4. C

Pretty cool trian graveyard in Bolivia

I saw this today and figured that you guys might be interested. http://www.weather.com/travel/creepy-train-graveyards-20140818
  5. C

Your other interests...

My other big hobby is sim racing as well. I'm fairly new to iRacing but have been racing in leagues for years on XBOX and now iRacing. I also love old trucks, but i currently don't have one. Anyone here who races iRacing feel free to add me as a friend. My name is exactly as you see it here...
  6. C

Trying to volunteer at the railroad museum..

I agree with Ken, if you show them you are willing to do the piddly work it might give you a foot in the door on what you really want to do.
  7. C

Anyone heard of awesomediecast.com?

Ya I realized they didn't make the die-casts themselves. But their printing gives you access to some cool branded vehicles.
  8. C

Anyone heard of awesomediecast.com?

I accidently bumped into their website today for another project of mine and it appears it be might of some use to this hobby as well. They make custom die-cast cars for companies and such but also sell some there on the website as well. In the upper right corner it has a filter for "scale"...
  9. C

My LHS also said late November. I'm extremely excited!
  10. C

Favorite mdoel train brand?

Athearn is my favorite. Walthers would be second for me. Both of those brands are carried by my LHS so they were the first ones i was introduced towhen i got into the hobby. I do like Atlas as well though.
  11. C

That is awesome, also Athearn just announced a new run of the 56' Husky well cars that are coming out in late November. They have the old logo, new logo and the Trailer Train logo with 3 road numbers of each one. Since that conveniently falls around christmas i went ahead and ordered all 9 of...
  12. C

Single dome tank car... era?

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I think i will just hold off and find some newer Procor tank cars. I see a ton of those around here.
  13. C

That is what I thought, I cannot recall seeing any. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  14. C

I see Athearn has this new run of single dome tank car. What are/were these used for and are they still used? Im into more modern era equipment and trying to decide if this would "fit in". http://www.modeltrainstuff.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=ATH-29290 Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337...
  15. C

Going to St Louis Transportation Museum - Any other suggestions?

Glad you had fun, and I love Chatanooga. It is a beautiful city! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  16. C

The building is definitely worth seeing. The tracks are still there in the parking lot and building and there is a neat pond outside. But It's kind of in a akward spot for a mall though, but there are a few shops in there and a hotel. But it has a new owner in the last year so they might...
  17. C

There aren't any life size, but there is a very small layout area with ho and a few other sizes. Honestly, and sadly, that mall has gone way down hill and is sort of ghetto these days. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  18. C

I agree with Steve too, the City Museum and Aquarium are awesome for kids, they will love it. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
  19. C

Im a few days late, but the Transportation museum is awesome. They actually have a big boy. And railfanning at the Kirkwood depot (same town as museum) is awesome. The St. Louis Zoo is good and free. And Busch stadium is always a good time. Also just north of the arch in Laclede's Landing is...
  20. C

You Southeast Missouri guys...

And to add, they also replaced ties with new wooden ties.

Back