Is anyone planning a Husky or Maxi-IV intermodal car release?

I'm amazed at how there are none of these in production currently. You can get the leftover AOK Maxi-IV cars on mts and other places for a decent price. But why isn't anyone making a new run with any big road names? Am i missing something?

I know what mean, its been at least 2 years now that no one has made these. I had to find some TTX Maxi-IV cars from Intermountain, only available on ebay. And even then they were hard to find.

Last time I was at Caboose Hobbies, they had some Athearn 56' TTX well cars. Call them.

Yes sure wish kato would re-release them as I am looking for some Ho ttx sets myself.

Brad

Walthers Mainline had a batch of pre-orders for 53' and they were the metal injection type (which is what I'm looking for). They cancelled the production based on not enough pre-orders. I find that hard to believe based on how hard they are to find and the ones on ebay are going above their MSRP. Anyone know anyone at Walthers with some pull to maybe get these going again?

Keith
e-commerce manager
G and G Model Shop, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this doesn't answer your question, but I did get Kato to write me back on a YouTube comment I wrote to say that they were going to be producing their maxi well 53'cars this year. So that's good news as they are nice cars, hard to fid right now, and going for a premium on the used market.

Brad

G'day , I bought four sets over about 15 months of Athearn Maxi lV wellcars..without much trouble....all from the same supplier here in Australia...I also bought three Husky wellcars...I've been waiting now for several months..to add 4 or 5 more Huskys...They were due to arrive by early to mid March...but still no show....Might be a longer wait yet..
Beats me why delays happen but I'll just have to wait...I know Kato N Scale is plentiful in Maxi lV ..but less so in HO...To be honest , one of the toughest things to find here in Australian Online or EBAY stores especially are 45 , and 53 ft HO containers for a decent price...I'm happy for $13-15 each for desirable containers like K Line , Matson , Maersk etc...The 40 foot ones are more plentiful and a better range...prices around $10-11 each for Walthers...sometimes under ten bucks if you're lucky...Cheers Rod.. .

intermountain has them listed in their upcoming releases, later this year.

That they are but everything coming out with the exception of Kato (someone said they were), are all plastic injection molded. Kato and Walthers were the only ones that did metal injection bodies. I'm trying to petition BLMA or ExactRail (although they don't have dealers sales anymore) to make some metal versions.

Sweet! Just got an email tonight from Overland Hobbies last night June 4 that Kato is announcing a new run if HO 53' maxi well cars. Bnsf swoosh scheme (first run), pacer blue (rerun, new #s), and my favorite new TTX Modern red logo. Two different road #s aka two different sets per scheme. Preorders due June 30, due October 14. Ill search around and see who has best price as this will be one I will preorder as I've been wanting it for awhile.

http://katousa.com/HO/MAXI-IV/index.html

It's about time. These will sell like hotcakes....

Brad

That is awesome, also Athearn just announced a new run of the 56' Husky well cars that are coming out in late November. They have the old logo, new logo and the Trailer Train logo with 3 road numbers of each one. Since that conveniently falls around christmas i went ahead and ordered all 9 of them with my LHS. I'm pretty happy right now, and that means i get to go ahead and start shopping for 48' containers. I also have one of the SP Kodachrome SD45T-2 units that should ship around that same time.

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/052314/06_HO_Husky Stack_052314.pdf

G'day.....I bought a set of Gunderson Maxi's TTX from my local supplier about 18 months ago as IO mentioned before some time back and added three more HO five unit wellcars to my fleet fairly quickly after that . Then I discovered Husky's, bought three and planned on adding more soon...UNAVAILABLE..A couple of months ago I re contacted the supplier and they apologised profusely that there was nothing on the horizon for the near future in Huskys... I've been on the lookout to add some 53 ft ers now...so I'll be patient and wait...Sometimes it's frustrating isn't it. Cheers Rod..

G'day all...I just contacted one of my favourite online rail stores.. Orient express Model Railway Shop...in Adelaide , Australia and Athearn's new run of 56 foot Husky's and 53 foot articulated are in around November..if that's any help at all...I'm after some myself... Cheers Rod...

I also found out recently that Athearn's Husky release is pushed back to January 20th. In fact, both the Husky cars and the sd45t-2 have been pushed back to that date. But that does mean i will get my kodachrome and my well cars on the same day hopefully! The only crappy side is they wre suppose to be birthday/christmas presents in December. Oh well, at least I'm finally getting them!

Motley, i think Kato just put out a new batch of BNSF maxi cars. I saw them on Modeltrainstuff.com recently.

Where did you get the BNSF maxis at? I didn't know they were available?

Kato just released them this month. The new logo TTX should be out in October. I ordered two versions of those but only want one.
I got mine from Trainworld.com. MTS.com looks to be sold out. Looks like caboose hobbies out by you has them and hogtrainz still has them.

Brad

Kato just released them this month. The new logo TTX should be out in October. I ordered two versions of those but only want one.
I got mine from Trainworld.com. MTS.com looks to be sold out. Looks like caboose hobbies out by you has them and hogtrainz still has them.

Brad

Ahhhh nice! I'm heading to Caboose tomorrow to pick up some things, so I might get them while i'm there. Looks like for $81 which is a good price too.

Back