Search results

1. T

Need a source

I bought this great little 2-8-0. It is a bachmann spectrum series unit. It has dcc on board but, i would very much like to have sound added to it. Also needs just a little service. Can someone direct me to a service/install source? Thanks!!:confused:
  2. T

Favorite train and era ?

There is no doubt for me it is the 4-6-2 k4 from the boston & maine. Era- 1920's 30's. This and the 2-8-0 where the workhorses of the road.
  3. T

Using what i have learned

o.k. Guys,i have attempted to put your advises to work. I did the cotton belt box with a dusting of a 30% brown and 70% thinner. Then proceeded with my normal stuff. The gilford box is a work in progress. This one i did some rust spotting let set for 5 min's or so and then used thinner to drag...
  4. T

Weathering Trucks and Wheels

Thank you for the info, I will look into it.
  5. T

Lets see your snowplows!!!!

PlowGuy, WOW!! great looking Modeling.
  6. T

I forgot to ask, What wheel sets are those in the photo? The nice chrome wheel finish is a great detail.
  7. T

Thank you Jerome, I will put your work to good use and make my stuff look that much better. When I get a few cars done, I will post the befores and after to get your opinion.
  8. T

How do I get wheels and trucks to look prototipical?

Thanks again Jim. I do have an airbrush. Never thought to mist the car first, will have to experiment with this. Sorry about the pic's, old camera. Also, not sure yet how you guys all post these bigger photos to see the work better. Any clues??
  9. T

How do I get wheels and trucks to look prototipical?

The Cotton Belt loco looks petty good to me but, I need help with fieght cars. I feel that I am not get all that I can. HELP!!
  10. T

My First Weathering Projects

Nice job for first time out. Remember, you can not go to over board. I mean, I have seen some petty dirty frieght cars, so just about any job is a good job. Also, when using the chalks you can wash it all off if you are not happy with it. But once you lock it in with dul coat, it's yours. Great...
  11. T

Railroad Poll

I choose other, I have had a life long pipe dream to model the East Deerfield yard in Greenfield, Mass. Home of the once great Boston & Maine.
  12. T

What happened to my decals????

See, I just pick up some helpful info. Thank you Jerome, I will try the gloss coat over the decal as well as under. I was tot to seal the decal in with the dul but this sounds more solid and stable.
  13. T

Lets see your snowplows!!!!

Hey PlowGuy, Great modeling job! I to am a "BIG" B & M fan. My great granddad was a steam engineer and my grandfather was a bridge inspector. Both served and retiered the East Deerfield yard, living in Greenfield till both of their passing. I to am new to this forum and hope to find a great many...
  14. T

What happened to my decals????

Hi, I joined this forum today. In my passed experience with decaling I found that if I used clear gloss coat as a base to set the decal on it would adhere much better to the contours of the surface of the model. Everything else sounds to be right. I mean with your use of micro sol. When all...

Back