Search results

1. guitarherowanab

dcc sound in older p2k sd9

ok. i have the decoder and speaker wired up. i ended up cutting a gap in the rear weight so the speaker projects up through the fan grills. it sounds pretty good with the loco body on, but im considering adding a second speaker so i can lower the overall volume, as it breaks up just a little...
  2. guitarherowanab

proto 2000 rs27 shell removal

finally had a chance to really get into this engine. put a motor in from proto power west and same result. after some digging, i found out that the decoder in this engine, an older quantum revolution, doesnt have back emf. so i ordered the upgrage chip from tonys. we will see how this turns out.
  3. guitarherowanab

ok, just got a brand new motor from walthers. same problem. this motor just doesnt want to start moving until about 15-17 on my throttle. if i crank up the cv to get it to move at 1, it takes off. anyways, any suggestions on replacement motors? proto power west? any others? thanks...
  4. guitarherowanab

loksound troubbles

i just did that today.. the guy was real cool about it, and my sd7 is on its way.:)
  5. guitarherowanab

yeah, digitrax. i have cv2 set at about 30-35 before it starts moving, and at that point, its not creeping anymore. just talked to walthers and they are gonna take a look at it. i have 3 engines, not counting 2 older p2k. 1 walthers proto, 1 pcm, and 1 atlas. sent back pcm cause of headlight...
  6. guitarherowanab

ha. finally got it off. took the worm gears off and they appear clea. wiped em off and applied light oil. everything back together and still the engine doesnt want to run smooth at low speed. hafta have the start voltage set at about 35-37 to get it to move at speed step 1. if i put my...
  7. guitarherowanab

loksound troubbles

its in a precision craft sd7. sound was installed at the factory. it worked perfectly till the other day....gonna call em' now. see what they have to say
  8. guitarherowanab

loksound troubbles

the first thing i tried was cv 8. it set everything else to default, but the headlights. they were both fine before the other day. both came on in the corresponding direction. and like you said, the loksound manual might as well be in a different language. it is really no help. im gonna...
  9. guitarherowanab

i just looked at the stuff that came with my pcm sd7, and it has a loksound v3.5 decoder in it. it appears as if the only sounds that are adjustable are the overall and the horn. actually, i just ran into a problem with this decoder tonite that i made another post about. it runs fine, but...
  10. guitarherowanab

loksound troubbles

i have a lok sound equipped pcm sd7, that until recently was a standout. running wise it was spectacular, quiet and slow. sound wise, almost as good. well, tonight i was fiddling with it and my atlas, just running them back and forth, and now the sd7's headlights are messed up. thet are both...
  11. guitarherowanab

that sounds not too terrible and doable. i have a plan now, anyways. i think i have it all figured out, just hafta wait to get the speaker to measure. thanks all for the advice, and ill keep posted.
  12. guitarherowanab

on this model, the fuel tank is actually held on with screws. i tried that already. i can get the body shell to start to rock a little, but im afraid to pull it too hard. so i should get the worm gears for any athearn loco? is that a general part not specific to certain models? thanks...
  13. guitarherowanab

ive noticed my proto2000 rs27 doesnt creep like my atlas and my older p2k models. im using dcc and i have to set the starting voltage at about 20 to get it to start moving at speed step 1. and needless to say, it doesnt "creep". all my other engines, atlas, older p2k, and a bli, start at...
  14. guitarherowanab

i talked to the guys at tonys today, and i think im set. he told me to take out the board entirely and hard wire the decoder....that creates a little extra space. still gonna have to mill the frame a little, but im gonna give it a go. goin with a qsi quantum revolution u and the tds mini...
  15. guitarherowanab

so i should just mount it in the shell under the fans? the speaker i was lookin at is a 1.06 inch job....i havent measured the shell yet. it also has an enclosure you can order. this is at tonys tarain exchange. ok measured the shell and it looks like there is only about 3/4 of an inch...
  16. guitarherowanab

cadrail layout

i cant really think of another way to turn the train around at the end of that lobe without out it looking obviously like it is just making a turn for the sake of making a turn. with the helix, at least the train will be out of view for a few seconds to make it appear as if it went somewhere...
  17. guitarherowanab

cadrail layout

i guess another thing i forgot to mention......i will be using 4 axle diesels for the most part. gp38-2's, rs27, and small six axle diesels. two sd9's and an sd7. i want to run mainly mixed freight, as i dont think i have the room for any unit trains, anywhere between 10 and 15 cars in...
  18. guitarherowanab

i have an older p2k sd9, i think from 2001, that i want to put sound into. i have the decoder picked out...the qsi revolution-u, and the speaker, or speakers, qsi hb106r high bass.. ive noticed that on my newer sound equipped p2k, a soo line rs27, that this loco uses 2 speakers. i was...
  19. guitarherowanab

cadrail layout

2 things i forgot to mention....it is for ho scale, and the middle section on the left side, the one against the wall...i was planning on making that a sort of roll out section. it is shown by the faint pikish area. when it is rolled out of the way toward the middle of the isle, i would have...
  20. guitarherowanab

cadrail layout

ok, so this it my plan, preliminarily. there is an open area adjacent to the 13 ft side. the 17 ft side is up against a wall. the helix is a radius of 25 inches and it will rise between 6 and 6.5 inches. i wanted a small yard and a small engine terminal, but there doesnt seem to be any...

Back